Knock, Knock. It's Reality.

Though Rolburn's tears had stopped when he woke, he still seemed sad, and walked back and forth between his corner and mine without seeking to know what to do with himself. Eventually he set to work on a task he refused to share with me, though I believe I could guess what it was, for he dug some ways into the floor and there brought an anvil. I could hear him hammering away at something off and on again, but I never tried to look. Neither did Quinn, though he did seem to feel guilty over the pain he had caused the Piglin, and he often took treats or snacks to lay beside Rolburn's new hole. When the Piglin was not busy, Quinn would hold him on his lap and tell him different stories, stories he made up which were funny or inspiring by turns. Rolburn enjoyed them, and I found myself doing the same over time. I wasn't sure how I felt about that, but eventually I dismissed the shadowy doubts that yet touched my mind.

We lived in peace for days more, and Quinn showed little inclination to leave his home for more materials or for whatever ventures his friends urged him to take on, instead preferring to remain with us. I don't think any of us gave thought to the consequences of that choice, because we were all surprised when those consequences came. However, even if we had thought about it, I'm not certain what other choice Quinn would have made.

We were first alerted by a knocking on our door. As one, we all looked upwards, for we were all in the basement again. Quinn wasted little time, and after his initial surprise wore off, he jumped to his feet and raced up the ladder. But we heard the door open before he had gone hallway up and strange voices were calling out Quinn's name. Quinn disappeared into the upper floors a few seconds later and then we heard him shout in surprise. What he said, I couldn't at first tell; he was speaking in the Player's usual language and I was busy trying to pull Rolburn away from the ladder's base to which he had trotted. But thuds and more voices were now coming from all over the house and Rolburn was getting excited.

"We have to help! We must help our friend!" He told me, struggling to escape from my grasp and reach the ladder.

But I was stronger and I hauled him bodily away, back towards our corners. There wasn't much cover, but it was at least better than standing where we could easily be seen should a Player chance to look down. Pushing Rolburn among the chunks of blackstone, I told him to hide and not come out until he heard me or Quinn tell him it was safe. Then I teleported straight to the oak and stood behind it.

"I don't want to hide." I heard Rolburn whisper loudly. "I want to help Quinn."

"Help him by staying quiet." I hissed back. "Other Players are up there and we don't know what they'll do to him if they find out he's hiding us down here. Just stay quiet, alright? Quiet."

Rolburn covered his snout with both hands and crouched low. I could still hear his muffled whimpering, but he soon silenced himself. We both strained our ears to the sounds of what was happening over our heads.

>What the heck are you guys even doing here?< It sounded like Quinn. He was angrier than I had ever heard him before.

>Dude, chill. You've become a recluse. Look, if you want your stuff back, you're gonna have to come and get it, okay?<

>Hurry up, will you guys?< Said another voice. It sounded as if there were several Players who had intruded our home. >Quinn's stronger than he looks. Don't know how long I can hold him.<

>You're such a wimp. Just hold him. Come on, Harley, let's go.<

Then another scuffle, a yelp and a shout from Quinn. >Leave my stuff alone! Get out of my house, you have no right to do this! Harley, put that down! Stanton-< his words were cut off. I could not tell what was going on up there, but it had to be some kind of fight or struggle. Then I heard a cry from one of the intruders.