twelve, 𝖼𝗈𝗆𝗆𝗎𝗇𝗂𝗍𝗒

Zacznij od początku

Pushing past everyone else, she finally reached the girls, and held out a hand to shake.
Jane took it, but when she offered to Ellie, she just looked disgusted.

"Don't mind her, she doesn't really like other people."
Jane said, and the girl smiled weakly.

"I'm mags." The girl says eagerly, and Tonya rolls her eyes.
"Jane. Jane Peletier, and this is my best friend Ellie Mitchell."
Ellie looks at Jane, then nods slowly.

"Welcome to Oceanside. You should meet our leader, before you settle in." Tonya says, but she doesn't smile. Tonya is more stern than mags, maybe it's just because she has to be...or maybe it's because she doesn't trust either of them.
But why would she bring them back, if so?

Still, she's happy that Ellie could stay somewhere where she didn't have to be scared all the time. If they let them stay, that is.

Tonya took them to one of the shacks, where she made them each a cup of tea. Both Ellie and Jane drank theirs so quick, it left a burning sensation in their throats.

It wasn't long before Tonya was stroking up conversation. She asked them about their lives before and after the apocalypse. Jane explained that she had lost her group long ago, and her....well, her.....Carl. Ellie talked about her dad, and meeting Jane, and their recent adventures.

"You guys had it rough. Mags and I have been here since the start. Our mother was killed by walkers at the very beginning, on one of her trips to the city. We had no other family. So we found more."

"It's a nice community you've got here, 50 people from what I guessed. They all seem very nice." Jane flaunts. She's good at making people like her, by putting on a front, but in truth, she's very dislike-able. She watches as Tonya's furrowed brow softens, and the corners of her lips turn upward into a smile. She's beautiful when she smiles, her face making the perfect frame for her mouth.

"They are. And I'm sure you'll make a perfect addition to that number." Jane smiles, and it's not fake this time - it's real. They'd finally be in a place where they really belonged, where they wanted to be. Jane looked over to Ellie, expecting to see a frown written on her lips, but instead she looked content, like she'd just finished a nice meal. Looking straight at Jane, she nods, tipping her imaginary hat.

"We would be so happy to stay."

Just then, an older lady walked in, followed by another young girl. The girl hid behind the other, almost as if she was scared of Jane.

"Hello, girls. My name is Natania. This is my granddaughter, Cyndie. It's nice to meet you."

ℴ𝓃ℯ 𝓎ℯ𝒶𝓇 𝓁𝒶𝓉ℯ𝓇

Jane tapped lightly on Tonya's door, and waited.
no reply.
"Tonya?!" She said, still knocking.
Still nothing.
"Tonya-"
"Sorry, i slept in. My tattoo stuff is ready if you want to start now?"
"I thought you were dead in there. Jeez." Jane says, walking into Tonya's kitchen and dumping her bag on the table. She raked through it, taking out a crumpled piece of paper.

"I want this." Jane exclaims, giving Tonya the paper. She unravels it carefully, like it's porcelain that might break. Or rather, like it has any value. Tonya was always the one to handle things with care. She didn't like killing, not one bit.

"A...cowboy hat?"
Jane nods. On the paper were two images that Ellie had drawn up for Jane: a moth and some ferns, which was her last tattoo - sprawling from her elbow to her wrist on her right arm - and a little drawing of a cowboy hat.