The kittens have already passed to Hans, carefully wrapped in a warm towel. Meanwhile, she just gently dry his hair. Cale just let her be- well, he was taken by surprise but decided to just quietly accept it.

"You know brother. There is this convenient thing called shelter. You could have just waited there first or taken an umbrella from there." Thalia started. 

"It was supposed to be a short walk."

Sigh. She just shook her head as she continued drying his hair. Lowering her voice, she continued.

"By the way, I assumed you already know that the kittens are not just kittens."

"Hmm, why do you say so?" He replied he remained unfazed as he listened to the rest.

"Well, it's quite far-fetched knowing they are predominantly in the Eastern continent. But, I feel that I'm right about it."

Hmm. Cale simply takes notes of it and puts it somewhere in his mind. Her brother barely reacted, so she assumed that he already knew it. Thus, for the next one, she decided to go for a straight punch instead.

"Yes... Also, brother, what ancient power have you got?"

Cale went rigid, he turned to look at Thalia. 

"What?" Cale dumbly asked.

"What?" Thalia parrots back.

She blinked at him innocently. He can't even comment anything about that as he sighs. Cale can't count how many times this younger sister had caught him off guard. Why did the author never include her in the novel- with how unpredictable she is, this eldest lady could be another hidden character of sorts.

"..It's the wood type. A shield of sorts." it looks too holy was left unsaid by him.

"Ooh, that's cool. Also, when can I meet the kittens officially?"

"Maybe tomorrow. I will send Ron to you."

She nodded. Now that his hair was almost dry, she passed the used towel to Hans and threw another clean one at him. She just wanted to check on him when she noticed the ancient power. But now her curiosity resolved and she had an important job to do tonight.

"I will go now. Goodnight brother."

"Yes, goodnight."

-SoTCF-

Once again, Maria was reminded how determined her young lady was once she fixated on something. It was supposed to be a usual morning for Maria. As a maid, she always woke up early just the same time as the rest of the servants. Doing her duties and cleaning things up, it's time to wake her young miss up.

With a gentle knock and a muffled come-in, Maria allowed herself in.

"Good morning young miss. Would you like to join the breakfast toda-?! Miss, did you not sleep last night?" Maria exclaimed. Thalia, who had just risen from her couch with a deep eye bag underneath her eyes just guiltily smiled.

"Ahaha, Maria. Morning. Coffee, please..."

"Yes, I will get one fast. But I think you should sleep first." Maria gently led her to the bed, only to be adamantly refused.

"Sleep. No..." Thalia whined. She stayed up all night, her childish inhibitors already thrown out of the window.

"Yesss. Young Miss should really get her sleep. Don't worry, I will bring in your meal later."

She whin. She has so much to do today and refuses to go to her bed. Maria just held back her sigh and went to the kitchen to get coffee. Meanwhile, Thalia put away the doll she had been knitting all night. She was quite proud of it.

Shadow of the Count's Familyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें