I

I get in a line with all the soldiers of my unit. I look next to me and all I see are men. Gosh I hate being one of the only women in the army.

They want to send us in Europe to fight against the nazis. Hitler started a war five years ago and now here we are in the World War II. So many people are dying and I'm here to help.

You must be thinking "but you're only twenty years old. You have plenty of time ahead. Why would you risk it all?". I don't have much left. My parents died in a car crash when I was seven. Since then I went from family to family until I was 18.

I have enough money to pay my bills between small jobs and the army. But I am glad to be here now. I like the army. It's a way for me to prove to others that a woman can be as good as a man. Unfortunately in my unite there's a lot of sexism. But I'm staying strong and don't pay much attention to it, or I pretend not to.

I see woman walking to us. I get in position to welcome her. Unfortunately she's a woman and now most of the guy are laughing. There's a little one he doesn't laugh. He shows respect to her. I like this one whatever his name is.

The lady tells us her name is agent Peggy Carter and what our mission will be. Wow! She's such a beautiful and smart woman.

Here again the guy next to me starts laughing at her. Agent Carter looks really serious. I don't think she appreciated that comment.

- "Come here soldier." She said.

He takes a step closer. She asks his name and without hesitation, punched him in the face. I bursted out laughing! I know I'm going to get on well with agent Carter!

Later, we are doing some exercises, we run, we do some challenges and stuff. The little guy is really smart. Even thought I don't know how he ended up in the army. There's few characteristics we need to require to enter the army. Unfortunately this guy doesn't fill any of them.

After the training Peggy comes back to see the unit.

- "Miss Lewis" she says.

- "yes Agent!" I reply

You can hear the confusion in my voice.

- "Please follow me" she adds.

I follow her but more we walk more I am confused. She walks me to a room. There's a lot of new technology. I knew what all those machines were capable of.