"We want to sleep with Maddie!" Prince Lucas cried out, pouting his lower lip.

"Yes," Princess Hannah joined in, looking up at Madeline with teary eyes. "After we get the book, we want you to read it, tuck us to sleep, and stay. Please~!" She dragged out the last word.

"Yes! Please~!" And Lucas joined in, both of them sounding like two kittens pleading for food.

"Alright, that's enough!"

Prince Christopher stopped the "meowing" of his siblings, his deep, strict voice silencing the children. The twins separated themselves from Madeline, pouting more. 

"Miss Simmons will read to you but you're not babies, meaning that you can sleep in a room alone," he talked and the children sniffled, "Now go get ready, we're leaving soon."

The younger siblings obeyed and, with their heads lowered and still sulking, returned to their room.

"What precious little things," Pierre's voice came beside Madeline and she turned back to him, noticing that he stood closer. His gray eyes met her brown ones again. "And they seem to like you so much... Maddie," he almost hissed her name, making Madeline's stomach turn.

She clenched her jaw again to suppress the gag reflex, balling her fists as well. Her breathing picked up again due to annoyance but just as she opened her mouth to speak to this despicable man, Hannah's voice came behind her.

"Maddie! Can you come and help me put on my dress?!" the princess shouted but seeing her older brother's glare, gulped and spoke in a more timid matter. "... please?"

"I'll be right there, Your Highness," Madeline forced a smile, glad that she didn't have to stare at Pierre's grinning face any longer. "Excuse me," she bowed to Christopher and went to Hannah, controlling her walk so that she wouldn't appear nervous and in a rush.

When the twins' room door closed behind Madeline, Christopher turned his head to the tall and slim concierge, glaring at him. He took a step forward and Pierre stiffened, gripping his hands together.

"I've noticed that Miss Simmons had told you to address her by her last name Mr. ..." the prince looked down at the name tag before his piercing eyes returned to Pierre's slim snake-like face, "Macon." He paused and took another step closer to him. "Miss Simmons is our royal tutor and as such, I demand you show her respect. I won't tolerate the next time you disrespect any of our staff, understood?" Christopher's voice was low and threatening and Pierre gulped, being able to respond just by nodding. "I didn't hear you," the prince hissed, his frown deepening.

"Y-yes, Your Highness, I understand," Pierre stuttered, beads of sweat starting to form on his pale forehead.

For a moment longer, Christopher stared at the nervous concierge but then turned on the heel of his boot and went to his room, slamming the door behind him. Pierre was left alone in the hallway, breathing fast and dabbing the sweat from his face as he rushed back down the stairs.

‿︵‿︵‿୨ ୧‿︵‿︵‿

The royal siblings and Madeline met up in the hotel restaurant for breakfast, all of them dressed in different clothes, ready to go out after their meal. Unlike the twins who ate with delight and huge appetites, Madeline barely chewed the delicious croissant, feeling the tension and hard glare coming from the eldest prince.

Christopher was dressed in a black suit now, his hair elegantly styled, but the frown on his face didn't ease up as he kept his eyes on the tutor, not eating a bite of the rich breakfast that they were served. He felt annoyed ever since last night and the previous events fueled his anger - argument with Madeline in the carriage, annoying and talkative concierge, and his open flirting with Madeline - it all agitated him so much that he lost the appetite, that sandwich he previously ate in the carriage now making him feel nauseous.