"Okay," young Lucas nodded, his dark hair dancing as he did.

"Princess Hannah," Madeline turned, going to the second desk, "This is perfect," she smiled and Hannah's eyes grew wide, "Every piece of this problem is solved with precision. It only tells me that you're a precise and organized person, observant and diligent in your work. Good job."

Hannah watched her teacher in awe. Her small cheeks started blushing and she lowered her head, hiding behind her long bangs. 

"Thank you..." she mumbled in embarrassment.

"Can we hear the stories now?!" Lucas urged and Madeline chuckled, climbing the podium again.

"Just a bit more patience, Your Highness. I see you have to work on that," she smiled and he giggled, sitting back, "We will do a few more equations before we go on a break, alright?"

The children agreed, now excitedly pulling out their notebooks, ready to do more math problems like never before in their lives.

‿︵‿︵‿୨ ୧‿︵‿︵‿

The large clock in the castle's foyer echoed and the sound could be heard all the way to the study. Just as the clock struck noon, the door of the study opened and, just like yesterday, a butler and a maid came inside, carrying trays of tea and pastry. On today's menu was chiffon cake, paired up with fragrant Earl Gray.

But this time, instead of the king or queen visiting to check on their children, eldest Prince Christopher walked into the room, wearing his usual uniform and a small smile on his face. His eyes were on Madeline for a mere second before turning to his siblings, yet she didn't miss to notice his gaze. It was somehow... provocative.

"Big brother!" Lucas stood up first, running to hug Christopher, their hug resulting in mutual giggles.

"Hey there, you little rascals," he smiled, crouching down to correct his brother's uniform, "Have you two been good?"

"I have!" Lucas announced proudly and Christopher giggled again. 

Madeline stood straight but kept her eyes on the two brothers laughing and hugging. She noticed a dimple deepening the more Christopher laughed. She saw it before and she would always find it charming.

As that thought of her finding the eldest prince charming crossed her mind, Madeline lightly shook her head to snap out of it. She thanked the butler and the maid for serving her the cake and tea, looking at them just so that she wouldn't look at the prince.

"And Hannah?" but Christopher's voice tingled her ears again and her eyes instinctively went to him, "Have you been good during lectures?"

"Yes, brother," Hannah answered, her tone dry, indifferent.

"Well, you're timid... that's odd," Christopher tilted his head but then stood up, letting his brother return to his desk. He pulled his gaze to Madeline, "Just what have you done to these children, Miss Simmons?" he asked, putting his hands behind his back.

"I was merely teaching them, Your Highness," she answered, lowering her head.

"Yeah, but she put Hannah back in her place," Lucas spoke up, already getting his cheeks stuffed with cake, "You can say Maddie taught Hannah her lesson," he giggled.

"Lucas!!!" Hannah screamed at her twin brother but he just laughed.

"Oh, I see..." Christopher nodded, keeping his smirk on. He moved his gaze from his sister back to Madeline, "Nice work, Miss Simmons. Not anyone can handle them but, I guess, you're strong."

His eyes narrowed upon saying the last word, his brows slightly rising upward. Madeline gulped - Christopher didn't let her forget their encounter from last night. So, just like last night, she had to stand strong and not get affected by his provoking.