"I can't see faces and tell if someone is lying or saying the truth. It's all about voices and speaking styles. And you stuttered at the beginning. That's how I know." Misha smiled at her theory as he handed her the glass.

"I'm impressed." Ahaan smiled.

"Answer my question." Misha frowned impatiently.

"I wanted to see you again." He answered truthfully and the sincerity in his voice this timeflipped Misha's stomach.

"How did you know I would come here today?" She asked while Ahaan stared at her.

"I... I came here every day. Since the last week, at this time, to see if you were here." He replied nervously not knowing how she would react to that.

Would she think he was a stalker?

"Are you lying again?" Misha asked, even though the thought of him coming here every day to find her, just to see her was heartwarming.

"Why would you think I'm lying again?" He frowned.

"Because you stuttered again." She shrugged, like it was so obvious according to her theory.

"A guy can be nervous. And I was nervous to admit it. You might think I am a stalker or something." He rolled his eyes and Misha smiled at the thought.

"Why did you want to see me again?" She asked as she took the sandwich he handed her a minute later.

"You ask a lot of questions, Misha. It's my turn now." Ahaan said, taking a bite of the yummy sandwich.

"Okay." She nodded while eating her favourite sandwich.

"How did you know it was me when I called out your name?" He asked and looked at her, waiting for an answer for a minute.

"I recognised your voice. It's different." She said and by different, she meant really different.

Like a manly, smooth, deep voice. One that could be a person's most valuable characteristic.

"And are you happy to see me again?" Ahaan asked her, staring at her intensely and she felt that intensify in his voice.

"Y... Yes." She stuttered answering and Ahaan smiled.

"Are you lying, Misha?" He asked, amusement clear in his voice as he turned the tables.

"No!" She exclaimed shaking her head, realising he had played her own card on her. He laughed at tricking her.

"God, you're so bad." Misha said, correctly hitting him on his arm and that only made him laugh even more.

"You wouldn't be sitting here with me if I was so bad." Ahaan said holding her wrist that slapped his arm.

She wished she could look at him right now as he held her hand again.

"Can I ask you very personal question?" Ahaan asked passing her tissue to wipe her hands. She nodded, knowing what he was going toask.

"When and how did this happen?" He asked her about her sight loss, and she took a deep breath before answering him.

"A few years ago. After my parents died in a fire accident, my aunt and uncle adopted me since they were the only family left. One day, I was heading to my friend's house and on the way, a car crashed into me. I fell unconscious on the road and had a serious brain injury. After being rushed to the hospital, surgery was performed. But when I woke up, I couldn't see anything. Everything was... black. My eyesight was lost." Misha told him and Ahaan left out a breath he didn't realise he was holding.

"How did you feel about it?" He asked her, interwining their hands together, tocomfort her.

Misha was astonished. Really. Because he didn't tell her how he was sorry for what had happenedto her. He didn't show any pity for her like everyone did when they met her or when she told them the story of her tragic life, which she only did when they asked.

Instead, Ahaan asked her how she felt about it.

"I didn't know how I felt at that time. Devastated. Mostly helpless. Emotionless and frustrated. But my aunt and uncle took great care of me and were the only ones that didn't show me pity for my condition. Even my so-called friends left me. You are the third person who didn't show me pity and looked at me differently." Misha said, tightening her grip on their interweaved hands.

"I can be your friend. Only if you want me to." Ahaan said grazing his thumb on the back of her hand and she felt tingles everywhere on her body.

"You want to be my friend?" Misha asked, her eyes moistening and Ahaan panicked seeing tears in her eyes.

"No! Not if you don't want me to. But please don't cry." He wiped away her tears and she shook her head.

"I want you to be my friend." Misha smiled, placing her palm on his hand on her cheek, which wiped her tears.

"Yeah?" He smiled and she nodded with a smile of her own as she leaned her face into his palm. The warmth of his hand soothed her.

"There are some chocolates in the basket. You want one?" Ahaan asked, looking inside the basket and picking up one from the lot.

He unwrapped the chocolate and gave it to her as she extended her hands. He stared at her as she nibbled on it.

"You didn't answer my question again. Why did you want to see me?" Misha asked and he smiled in amusement as the chocolate spread around her lips.

"There's chocolate here." Ahaan said and before she could ask where it was, she felt him wipe the corner of her lips.

"Because I like your smile." Ahaan answered her question and could feel her breathing unevenly, as he was close to her now.

"Everyone tells me that." Misha mumbled, taking another bite of the chocolate. She wanted to know if there was another reason. A different reason why he wanted to see her.

"Did anyone tell you that you have mesmerizing eyes?" He asked her as he brushed the corner of her eyes with his thumb, so she could feel the depth of his words.

No. No one ever told her that. No one complimented her eyes.

"The eyes that can't see?" Misha asked, a sad frown on her face.

"The eyes that convey many unsaid things and emotions. The eyes that you think are your weakness are actually the weakness of the person that looks into them. A person can fall in love with your eyes." He said softly and then brushed her eyelids when she closed them.

"No one has ever said something so meaningful about my eyes, like you did." Misha's lips curved into a smile as she lifted her hand and searched his face.

She thought that if someone could fall in love with her eyes, then surely they could fall in love with the way he spoke and the words he said.

Maybe these were more important than physical features when it came to matters of the heart.

• • • • • • •

Thank you for reading! ❤️

Vote and comment <3