Then, she felt like she couldn't breathe. Like something was stuck in her throat, and that's when the sob came out. Declan was in front of her now, and she wasn't even sure when he had gotten there. He was talking to her, but she just tilted her head to the side, not listening.

He grabbed her shoulders, shaking her, and suddenly, she could hear.

"Blair," he said, his Irish accent thick as he stared at her with those ocean eyes. "Let's get you home."

"No," Blair profusely shook her head, tearing herself from his grasp. Frantically, she grabbed her bag and moved around him, making long, quick strides towards the door. "I am not going home, I am going to the hospital."

"Blair!" he called after her.

She had made it near the stairwell before he managed to catch up, having to grab his own belongings ass he chased after her.

"Blair, let me dri—" he tried again.

"No!" she screamed. "I have to go to the hospital."

"That is not a good plan," he insisted.

There was rapid tapping of their feet against their school's concrete stairwell.

"Blair, c'mon," he pleaded again, and she just picked up her pace.

She lurched forward, losing her footing. He grabbed the railing and set his other hand forward, trying to catch her, but she toppled down the last three steps, colliding with the floor with a curdling scream,

"Fuck!" she cursed, grabbing her ankle and trying to stand up, doubling over in pain as Declan arrived at her side, grabbing her bag and throwing one of her arms around her shoulder.

"I guess you have no choice now but to let me drive you," he said, out of breath. "Let's get you to Seattle Pres to look at that leg. How does it feel?"

She hated that sentence. Seattle Grace was so close to them, but because some lunatic was out there probably shooting her friends, she couldn't go there. Leave it to her to hurt herself when there were more pressing matters to be dealt with.

"Leg is fine," she said, limping alone as he acted as her crutch. "It's the ankle."

"Well, then stop walking on it," he said to her, watching as she winced with each step.

"It's just twisted. I've broken enough ankles to know that this," she said, pointing down at her foot. "Is simply just twisted."

"You fell on it," he argued. He heard her scream, he heard the pain she was in.

"Are you telling me how my body feels right now?" she challenged him.

He shut up, just helping her walk. In all the months he had known her, this was the first time he was really seeing this fire in her eye, in her tone, the aggression coursing through her that he knew was the fall off of wanting to protect her surgeon but not being able to get on the scene.

"Good," she muttered when he didn't answer.

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

"Turn the car around," Blair said, trying to keep her cool as several squad cars raced past them going in the direction of Seattle Grace. Screw her ankle.

Declan didn't look at her as he drove straight.

"Turn the car around," she said louder this time.

"Blair," his tone was warning, shaking his head.

"Declan, I swear to God, I will jump out of this car and walk my way over there is you don't turn this car around," she said sternly, her head going to her seatbelt.