Cellophane

Didn't I do it for you?
Why won't you do it for me?
When all I do is for you?

"I don't... understand, father."

"It has been decided your marriage shall be rearranged and forwarded to the fifth Paxley son. Eren Paxley. It has been agreed on with the elders of the Paxley House."

They want to see us, want to see us alone
They want to see us, want to see us apart

"My! You look ever so stunning Miss Baroque, and what a gorgeous gown. Wherever did you get it? It must be overseas! The design is so foreign."

"Miss Baroque, it is a pleasure to finally meet your acquaintance. I've heard much of you."

"Let me humor you Miss Baroque, it is, after all, your big day!"

"Take word from this old man, it's your engagement party. You should be standing next to your fiancé. Be a good, obedient woman for your man. You don't want to bring shame to your fiancé now, do you?"

And I just want to feel you're there

"Miss Baroque... it's Stella."

"Stella, come on in."

"Miss Baroque! The curtains! My, you will blind yourself in this darkness!"

"That's why I have you, don't I Stella?"

"Why- yes! That's true..."

"Now, what is it?"

"Well... are you busy?"

"Of course Stella, whenever is there a day that I don't have work to do?"

"Ah! Pardon my intrusion, Miss..."

"Stella, you silly girl. I was merely joking! Now, what is it?"

"Oh Miss, your jests will give me a heart attack one day! But... it's nothing much, really. I just wanted to serve you once more before your departure."

And I don't want to have to share our love

"The perfect combination of might and magic."

"Does that make me magic, and you, might?"

"Hm... maybe..."

"So... I take that as a yes?"

"Hmm... no. We both know I'm magic and might."

"Oh please, were you always deluded?"

"Very."

"I knew it."

"Haha! Okay, okay. Just this once. I'm might, you're magic."

"Strangely, I don't feel satisfied with this conclusion."

"What else do you want? A thumbs up? A sticker? My family's fortune and privilege? A kiss?"

"A kiss."

I try but I get overwhelmed

"The carriage, Miss, is here."

"Thank you, Stella."

When you're gone I have no one to tell

"Tonight is the test. I'll finally prove my worth to the elders."

"The test... all of a sudden?"

"Yes... I've personally called for it myself."

"Really now? Then you better teach all of those old fools wrong."

"I will, and I'll tell you the looks of astonishment in their faces when I do."

"However did you know that was exactly my suggestion?"

"Spending time with you, I pick up on things."

"You're going to pass then, since you spend so much time with me."

"I know. I will."

All wrapped in cellophane, the feelings that we had

"Father, I still don't understand! My marriage is to be rearranged?"

"What else is there to understand Guinevere? Haven't you said it yourself when I first brought it up, you refuse to carry on an engagement with that man?"

"Why yes, however-!"

"The fourth son brought shame to the Paxley House!"

"W-what?"

"I do not know the details nor do I want to imagine what blasphemous act that man committed, but whatever he has done, he has brought shame in the Paxley House."

They're waiting

"Guinevere! What is going on in your head you foolish girl! You cannot delay this marriage any longer!"

"Father, I've already made up my mind!"

"I've gave many excuses to the elders! Soon after, they'll be the one withdrawing with the proposal!"

"Well, they should! I refuse to marry him!"

"This marriage, Guinevere, is important to us Baroques! Know your place, it is a bridge to higher society! What are you going to do with more education? Is that really desirable for a noble lady? You are only embarrassing your fiancé more! If you can't think for the good of your family, think of your role as a woman!"

They're watching

"What a bright girl you have there, Duke Baroque. She takes after you quite nicely."

They're watching us

"Guinevere, this is Gusion Paxley. The fourth Paxley son."

And hoping

"May the Moniyan Empire shine upon you Miss Baroque."

I'm not enough