3: Higuchi is a Plant Mom and Akutagawa is a Bear

Começar do início

The conversation stopped instantly once she turned back around and continued to walk. By the time everyone was at the meeting point, she felt uneasy. It was almost like a stomachache, but instead of food causing it, it was just nerves and stress. The meeting was supposed to be peaceful, and she really hoped it would stay that way, especially because she bought the Agency an office plant.

She set those gifts on one of the benches on the side of where everyone was grouped around. She actually took a seat too, thinking that it would be safe to since everyone else was watching out for something to happen.

And then she noticed Akutagawa had placed his wallet on the short wall next to where she was seated. Was that a sign? Was she supposed to stand up now? Usually, she would ask Akutagawa these questions or do what everyone else was doing but today, she decided not to.

Instead, she stared curiously at his wallet.

She shouldn't dig through his wallet! That's what she instantly thought of doing when she saw it simply sitting there. It looked so precious though, like it was waiting to be picked up... No, she wasn't going to fall for that. She knew that there would be a higher chance of being killed if she were to do that, especially after searching through his bag the other day.

Beside the wallet was his phone and a few other things from the group that walked with them. Her eyes widened at his phone, still wanting to get your number. But she couldn't do it again because she wasn't going to piss him off again and because it was kind of morally wrong to do.

Her attention went back to the conversation taking place between the Agency and the Port Mafia. It was tense but it seemed that Mori was trying to lighten the mood with a few sour jokes about the city. She wondered what Mori would think about the situation between her and Akutagawa, and even you. She wondered if he had any clue that you existed.

Akutagawa was so secretive, no one had the privy of getting to truly know him. Today he was especially acting secretive, he just didn't want people to look at him or talk to him. He didn't feel like talking with others after last night, and now after having to be here and see Atsushi and Dazai and the others.

Atsushi didn't seem to be paying him any attention though, and he was glad about it. Dazai, on the other hand, told Akutagawa earlier to sharpen up on his social skills. He pushed that to the back of his mind, knowing one day he'll likely try to follow whatever Dazai said, but he didn't want to be bothered by it now.

Last night was the real bummer that worried Akutagawa right now. He was speaking to you online and you two decided to play a game. He thought it would be fun until he found out it was intrusive, and if he ever were to really tell you the things he's done, you'd run for the hills.

He did confess one thing to you last night though, during the start of the game. He confessed he hasn't had his first kiss, ever (except for that one time he had to "kiss" for work – which was when he had to kiss a mannequin to try to throw someone off his trail, it was an awkward experience), he had never truly shared his first kiss and he wasn't sure how to approach it. And you laughed at him until your insides were sore. He was pissed off, obviously at the fact you found it so funny, and then he was still unsure about what you said.

You told him, "I'll be your first kiss, next time we meet up in person, I'll kiss you."

He wasn't sure if it were a joke or not, but he's been worried since. He had to end the call with you a few minutes after you said that, because of how nervous and anxious he got thinking about it. Kissing you? He wondered if that would be a good thing or not.

He wasn't even too sure if he should ever give real kissing a try. He would go red at the thought of really kissing anyone, and with you – he even had trouble breathing once he got to thinking how your lips would feel. He would rather stick to himself all the time, unless he was bored and lonely... But truly, he had trouble figuring out if he had any romantic desire in him.