2. Iced Tea and the Tragedy of Higuchi's Sneaking Skills

Hi! Hope you enjoy this next chapter to the series. A few more characters from BSD are introduced here and it explains the dynamic of the team. Thank you for reading :)

Akutagawa Ryunosuke x fem!Reader x Higuchi IchiyoWarnings: Cursing, snooping, mention of a bad relationship
Word Count:
4.2k

Based on how Akutagawa was very actively avoiding Higuchi the next day, she assumed that it went horribly on how she and you got along. Everything went swell after you invited Higuchi to sit down and join them, you even taught her how to play the game with Akutagawa's help.

The three of you instantly went into game mode once everyone was completely ready and knew how to play – it reminded Higuchi of how she and Akutagawa plan out different attacks with the team, and how there were different things to be aware of while planning and working out things in the team.

Akutagawa didn't think so at all.

He woke up with a deeper frown than usual this morning because of how much fun he had the day before. He didn't like that you got along with Higuchi so much for a few reasons. One was because he felt special having only you as a friend and he kind of thought you were the same, having him as your only close friend.

But he knew that maybe you saw him as just a regular friend instead because of how distant he could be. During the early years of the friendship, he ghosted you for like two weeks and then popped up out of nowhere with a text saying, "get online dumbass". But that's what friends are like for him. And then he remembered the time he made you buy thirty packets of instant miso soup because he overheard Dazai saying he enjoyed being offered miso whenever he visited someone's house (and Dazai then never visited Akutagawa after that).

But besides that, you could have refused him. You could have said, "No I'm not buying you so many packets of instant miso." And then walk away, but you didn't. You actually bought all that miso because Akutagawa couldn't at the time since he was being taught by Dazai at the time, that he needed to learn how to get things without using money or credit cards. He lied to you of course, he said he was extremely poor and that he needed food to survive, but he confessed like a year after that.

He thought you must've seen him as a good or even great friend, almost like a best friend, because he did after you helped him so much, no matter how obvious his lies were or how mean he could be.

But then he watched as you and Higuchi got along so much better than you and he did in the early years of friendship. He remembered calling you a bitch the first time he met you, and you slapped him across the face and told him to step on Legos.

And then you meet Higuchi, and it goes so well!

No way, he did not want to share you with her. And he didn't want you to know anything about his work. If Higuchi slipped somehow that your inside joke about him being a powerful assassin was actually true, then you probably would ghost him completely.

And he's seen your attempts of ghosting other people and he knew that if you ghosted him, he would never be able to talk to you again. You once changed your mailing address and your last name to ghost an ex-boyfriend who tried to reach out and say sorry about how he ended things.

That's a bit insane in Akutagawa's mind.

So, imagine how you'd ghost him after lying to you for so many years, it would be horrible. Oh, and if you and Higuchi became friends and left him in the dust? Fuck that, he is too petty to let anything like that happen. And what if you were to date her? That would be so bad – mixing his social life with work life. Not that he had much of a social life, but still, he knew that would be a terrible cocktail.