Chapter 1 page 1: The Role of a happy boy

{Luca POV}
Being in the squad is hard dealing with everyone even if they are my best friend I find everyone annoying even for the smallest things you'll see me in a bad mood, it's not as simple as you think everything has been a blur since the day I joined

I joined the squad on January 14, 2021. My brother Levi joined 11 days later everyone didn't know we were siblings until Levi spilled the beans which I didn't care much

At some point, Levi told me he had a crush on Alex, his yapping about her all day always got annoying I never would've thought I could get that mad at something I wanted to happen.

Levi don't you ever feel like being quiet, I asked angrily.

Luca what the hell is wrong with you your being rude and no one likes that, he yelled back.

You wouldn't understand how I feel right now, I mumbled.

Come on Luca I'm your brother, whatever is bothering you, he said finally paying attention to how I felt for once.

It's just that I'm 17 and I'm in college I'm working as a waiter at some dumb restaurant where they pay me only 2$ an hour, I said finally telling him my stress.

I get it Luca it was hard getting you out of Mom's hands I was stressed and worried about what would happen to you, he said patting my back.

Let's just go and film the video I gotta study for a math final, I said getting up and waiting for him.

we can always just go home if we want, you can't stress over being late for a video we can skip, he said trying to cheer me up.

No, you love Alex I can't let you miss an opportunity like this with her she's the only person who has touched your hair, I said while pulling his arm to take him to Alex's house.

{ time skip after the video bc I'm very lazy}

Charli do you have my extra uniform? I ask her while I grab Levi's car keys.

I think Alex left it in Jaxx's closet you'll probably find it easily, she said while eating a bag of chips.

Godammit Jaxx where is my uniform, I said angrily.

Here it was in the dryer, he said handing me the uniform.

Bye, guys see you later, I yelled out.

{Time skip at his job}

Ok sorry I'm late everyone I was in a rush, I said putting on my apron

no problem Luca but my break started 5 minutes ago, said my co-worker Vanessa.

Jezz did she come in like that, I asked my manager Mark.

Luca I'm trying to let this slide but you need to get here on time I'll give you 4 more chances to improve your timing or you're fired you got that, he yelled at me.

Mark give him a break he and I are only 17 you are all almost 30 it's not his fault no one wants to work at this crappy restaurant, said my close friend Eli.

Ok, fine Eli if you think this place is crappy why do you work here, our manager yelled back.

Because I felt bad that no one likes this place, said Eli.

That's it, Eli you're fired, my manager yelled at us.

Word count:653