000. Obligatory Author's Note

Because you can't truly be a fanfiction author until you put pointless stuff like this on the first page of your book

Because you can't truly be a fanfiction author until you put pointless stuff like this on the first page of your book. Take notes, kids. 

But, really, I just wanted an excuse to use this font, so, yeah. 

Perhaps you're wondering why I have decided to write a story for this fandom. But, if you're not curious and didn't inquire, well then, zip it. 

Silence is golden, after all.

See, normally to overcome my emotional baggage and emotional insecurity, I use a foolproof recipe. One you have probably heard before, but, in case you haven't let me tell you it. 

The secret? Don't bother trying. Just bottle it all up like fine wine and let it ferment inside you until you turn into a ticking time bomb ready to explode at any moment.

Then, when you're about to lose it, just pretend to be a normal, functioning member of society and hope for the best. It works for me—well, sort of. I mean, I do end up with all the energy of a sloth on sedatives, but at least I'm not dealing with my emotions, am I right?

Of course, this method might not work for everyone, but hey, it's worth a shot, isn't it?

(Disclaimer: don't actually try this at home, kids.)

Here's the thing, though. While ignoring your emotions and letting them simmer inside until they explode in a volcanic eruption of tears and snot is a great solution for emotional trauma, it doesn't work for writer's block. 

What's writer's block, you ask? Why, it is that delightful period of time where you end up staring at the screen for an eternity and dealing with the abyss of nothingness called our brains with nothing but a dwindling supply of caffeine to sustain you while you can't shake off the feeling that you're one misplaced comma away from triggering the literary apocalypse

All the while wondering if you should be doing something productive like alphabetizing spice racks or teaching cats how to play the piano. Because, let's be real here, at least underwater basket weaving produces tangible results. 

Why does it happen, you ask? It happens because we authors commit a deadly mistake. Our mistake is that we were too late to join the rank of nocturnal creatures and become a bat instead. By the time we muster up the energy all the slots are usually filled. 

As I struggle with writer's block, it seems that the only way to break free is by writing fanfics for the nostalgic fandoms that consumed my thoughts as a 10-year-old. The Recess fandom and now Shin-Chan have provided solace, and who knows, maybe next will be Doremon. I can't help but reminisce about my previous obsession with Degisuki/Nobita, but I digress.

Oh well, this is the closest thing to comfort that I'm going to get in a while. Do you ever get stuck in that mood where you want to read a fanfic but you can't because none of them seem to appeal to you and even your 457 bookmarks seem to do nothing? Yeah, I'm having one of those moods. It ended up with me rewatching Shin-Chan getting curious about the fandom, reading a couple of fanfics, getting unwanted ideas stuck in my mind, and being unable to say 'no' to those puppies.

Because it seems like the only cure to that is to write a fic of my own. Go figure. So, instead of getting an update for an ongoing fic, you're going to be getting this in your inboxes.

Well, I wish you the best of luck. I hope you don't die due to this word vomit that I have somehow passed off as writing.

 I hope you don't die due to this word vomit that I have somehow passed off as writing