i. cannulas & 7-elevens

"THIS is my cannula! If I don't wear it

"THIS is my cannula! If I don't wear it...I DIE.", Little five-year-old Brandi Brooks dramatically stated in front of her Kindergarten class of 19 other, very shocked, kids, except for one little boy in the back. Brandi gave a toothy smile and laughed before removing the small cannula from her nostrils and promptly fell to the ground, playing dead. Her half-up, half-down, long, brown, hair sprawled out above her head, arms splayed out, and mouth agape.

"Miss Brooks!", The teacher, Mrs. Appleton was her name, scolded the little girl, from her wooden desk. Some kids stared at Brandi wide-eyed, others began to cry, but one boy, that one in the back, just giggled.

Mrs. Appleton, now standing at her desk, whipped her head to the back of the room, "Mr. Bradshaw! This is not funny.". The flustered teacher walked towards Brandi who was still very much committing to this bit. "Brandi, you need to get up now, please."

-

"Did we really just get married at a 7-Eleven?", 18-year-old Brandi Brooks asks her best friend and now husband, Bradley Bradshaw, on the curb of a 7-Eleven at midnight. Laughing at the absurdity of this situation, she takes a sip from her 40-ounce blackberry Slurpee. Her hair color has changed from brunette to platinum blonde, her roots slightly showing. She sports a pair of low-rise blue jeans and a lace white top. The perfect outfit for a bride.

Bradley laughs, wrapping his arm around his best friend and now wife, "Yes. Yes, we did. And honestly, I should start a wedding planning business because that's got to be the most affordable wedding to ever exist."

"Yeah, just tell your clients to be massive teacher's pets...or manager's pets.", Brandi snickers, lightly smacking the name card attached to Bradley's bright red work shirt. On the left of the metal name tag is the classic green, orange, and red 7-Eleven logo, and next to it reads "Bradley" on the top and "Assistant Manager" on the bottom.

Bradley dramatically scoffs at his friend's snarky comment, "Excuse me, but I take great pride in this little ol' convenience store. And if I remember correctly, you get free slurpees because of me."

"Whatever.", Brandi rolls her eyes, smirking.

-

Mrs. Appleton began to forcibly remove Brandi from the classroom floor, but the little girl wouldn't move a muscle. Brandi was a very theatrical, and stubborn child. Born in the (very) small town of Kentwood, Louisiana, she was raised by her prim and proper (asides from the incessant profanity) Mimi Emmaline and had a soft southern accent.