4

As the night wore on, Maria slept soundly in Ava's arms, feeling safe and loved. Ava held her close, stroking her hair and whispering words of love and encouragement in her ear.

"You're so beautiful, Maria," Ava said softly, her voice barely above a whisper. "I don't think I've ever met anyone as kind and loving as you. You have the biggest heart of anyone I know, and I feel so lucky to be with you."

Maria smiled in her sleep, feeling a warmth spread through her chest at Ava's words. She knew that she wasn't perfect, but she also knew that Ava loved her anyway, flaws and all.

"You're amazing too, Ava," Maria murmured, snuggling closer to her. "You're smart and funny and caring, and I feel so lucky to have you in my life."

Ava smiled, feeling a wave of affection wash over her. She loved hearing Maria praise her, loved feeling appreciated and valued. It was like a balm to her soul, soothing the wounds of past hurts and making her feel whole again.

As the night wore on, they talked and laughed, cuddling on the couch and enjoying each other's company. They shared stories and memories, telling each other about their hopes and dreams.

And as the sun began to rise, they fell asleep in each other's arms, wrapped in a cocoon of love and warmth. They knew that they had found something special, something that was worth fighting for, something that would last a lifetime.

And in that moment, they felt grateful for each other, grateful for the love that they shared, and grateful for the promise of a brighter tomorrow.