𝐯𝐢𝐢. twists and turns.

chapter seven

chapter seven

twists and turns.

PRESENT TIME
-blair's pov.

Mine and Jane's friendship is beginning to drift apart, we aren't as close as we used to be and I can tell Jane is encouraging us to drift apart.

She just isn't making an effort with me anymore and isn't trying to talk to me and stuff anymore.

But anyway, at the end of the day I only really have myself and my family. I don't want to lose my family, I don't care who I lose as long as it's not them.

Back to the present, Mal is distraught after getting humiliated in front of Audrey's grandmother.

I didn't see the situation nor hear it, I was just caught up on what happened, and it must have been bad. But all I'm wondering is where Ben is to take care of Mal in this type of situation.

"Mal," I begin, she looks up at me through her sad-looking leafy eyes. "You are a great person, people need to learn to separate your mother's mistakes and yourself. Your mother's mistakes have nothing to do with who you are." Mal smiles at me, I think she appreciates my support.

"See, I wish everyone else in this school was like you," Carlos says, he then hangs both of his arms over my shoulder.

Oh

My

God.

I'm screaming inside, and I can actually feel myself blush, I look down at the ground hoping no one would see my rosy cheeks. I can feel Evie's eyes burning against us, and I can tell she's already giving me THAT look. He hasn't moved his arms yet, and I'm trying to soak in this moment into my head as much as I can before the dance. I'm now blushing even more at this point.

"Hey guys," Ben shouts, he looks like he's sort of trying to be the sunshine of the situation, but Mal has every right to be upset. I'm also really annoyed at Jane, where even is she? I believe she should be supporting Mal like we all are right now, though she is not. "How is everyone?" Ben asks, and the sadness on everyone's faces answers the question for him. I realise Carlos has moved his arms from around my shoulders and I let out a quiet sigh, but luckily he's still lingering behind me. "Yeah..." Ben mumbles awkwardly. "All right, listen. It was nothing, forget about it, let it go." Ben puts his hands on Mal's shoulders, trying to comfort her but she clearly looks depressed.