Chapter Forty Nine: It's Over This Time

Start from the beginning

"Oh. Anyways, Wizardmon shall digivolve now! Congratulations!"

"That took forever! But I'm glad it finally happened!" Trey exclaimed.

"WIZARDMON, DIGIVOLVE TO...MISTYMON!"

Mistymon stood regally in the middle of the fight. Everybody stared at him. Tay actually started drooling. "Hot..."

It took a slap on the arm from a disgusted Ceya to return her to normal.

"Go, Mistymon!" Trey shouted, breaking the awed silence.

Mistymon gripped his sword tightly and thrust it upwards. "Blast Fire!" Flames sparked from the tip of the sword and flew at ShadowShakkoumon. The flames covered the robot in seconds, and cheers arose from the crowd of DigiDestined.

When the flames cleared, ShadowShakkoumon was considerably scarred. Not dead, but scarred.

"Mistymon is going to need your help, bakas!" Trey shouted when nobody did anything. Mistymon's attack doing so much had left them all speechless.

"That one's not a passive one, is she?" Jimmee asked Hibiki.

"You don't know the half of it," Hibiki said, shaking his head.

"Garuru Kick!" WereGarurumon shouted, kicking ShadowShakkoumon.

"Talisman of Light!" Taomon exclaimed, forcing a symbol at the robot.

"Dude, with fifteen ultimate Digimon, this guy is toast!" Tay grinned. "Gooooooooooo FrozenAngewomon! Goooooooooooooo Digimon that are not out to destroy us and the people and the city we love!"

"That's a long chant," Sam told her innocently.

ShadowShakkoumon was inside a dent of the street. A powerful attack from Mistymon had sent him into the concrete. Fifteen Digimon, as well as fifteen DigiDestined, surrounded him.

"It's about time that we finished off the Shadow Reigners once and for all," Kaez smirked.

"There aren't any more of you...are there?" Jimmee asked.

ShadowShakkoumon replied with silence.

"I'm going to take that as a no," Ayame concluded.

"Either that or this guy can't talk to tell us otherwise," Charlie said.

"If we're done with the chatter," Kyle began, "let's finish this fight already."

"I agree," Raegan replied.

"Enough with the stupid dialogue! Digimon, attack!" Ceya demanded.

"Rapid Fire!" Astamon shouted.

"Tri-Beam!" Rapidmon exclaimed.

"Frozen Faith!" FrozenAngewomon yelled.

"Superior Combat!" SuperiorArresterdramon screamed.

"Gate of Destiny!" MagnaAngemon called.

"Witch Warp!" Beastmon cried.

"Bunny Blades!" Antylamon exclaimed.

"Talisman of Light!" Taomon shouted.

"Garuru Kick!" WereGarurumon screamed.

"Flaming Claw!" Crowmon yelled.

"Mikafutsu-no-kami!" Yatakaramon cried.

"Blaze Sonic Breath!" Wingdramon called.

"Emerald Blaze!" Cerberumon shouted.

"Cyclonic Kick!" GrapLeomon exclaimed.

"Blast Fire!" Mistymon finished.

"Howl of the Heavens!" A translucent Caturamon could be seen inside the circle of Digimon. A black haired girl stood next to him. Weird.

All sixteen attacks hit ShadowShakkoumon. The commotion was almost too loud to bear. Most of the DigiDestined shut their eyes or covered their ears, but Trey was in too much awe to care.

When the dust had cleared, ShadowShakkoumon, the real last Shadow Reigner, was gone, and his data was flying upwards.

The Digimon shrank to rookie form and bounded to their tamers. Trey looked to see if the black haired girl was still there, but she was gone. Weird.

It seemed as if nothing could break the cloud of happiness that surrounded the group.

And nothing really could, since there were no more Shadow Reigners.

And that was the end of the story.

Or was it?

—————————-

A/N

Only one chapter and an epilogue left!

I won't give you guys much of an author's note since I want to go and type some more.

Digital out!

-digital