Prologue

Herta Space Station

Light

That was all he could see, feeling his body being somehow materialized into reality, he could perceive his five senses again. At that moment he could feel the touch of someone and then a burning sensation shoved into his chest. 

His whole body felt like it was on fire but it stopped as it felt like he was cooling down.

He sensed he was currently floating a bit he tried to shift his center of gravity, but fell abruptly. Letting out a quiet moan while doing so.

"Ow!"

He slowly opened his eyes from the pain, a fog covered his mind but he could still remember his name, Caelus. 

He realized he wasn't the only one here, a woman having wine-red hair, an outfit resembling a detective of some sort to his left, and a silver-haired girl that had an outfit that he couldn't even describe on his right.

The two were having a conversation he couldn't hear, so he looked at his surroundings, he was in some kind of hidden vault he assumed, and after looking around he looked at the two.

He only recognized the red one from his broken memory who was smiling smugly noticing he had woken up and her partner, the silver one looked too. Seeing two pairs of eyes on him, he only mutters one sentence.

"Kafka....why does my pelvis hurt," Caelus muttered with a tired expression, waking up to the pain of having your hips break wasn't a very fun experience.

After a couple of seconds of awkward silence, Kafka giggled hearing his unexpected reaction to seeing her it was out of the blue but very amusing even her accomplice smiled a little, hiding it quickly though.

"That's the first thing you say when you wake up, it looks like you didn't stick the landing," she walked closer to his fallen figure and continued "But it's great you still remember me." The red-haired looked down into his gray pupils, noting they were very alluring however before she could stare more a sudden beep came from the other one in the room.

"Kafka something's off, the Stellaron in his body seems to have a strange effect. I tried tracking what it is, but it's not popping up in my readings." The girl started to tap into the air on a colorful transparent screen.

'Stellaron? That sounds quite delicious' Caelus thought

"I see, while you're occupied with that, Silver Wolf, I'll explain to him what he'll go through." Kafka crouched down, while still looking down at him with her reddish pupils, while he stared back with a confused expression plastered on his face.

The Stellaron Hunter didn't know why but she had the sudden urge to pat him, and as a result, she did it, noticing his hair was very soft to a T. She had to stop herself and realized that she still had a mission to do and almost pulled away but after a quick thought she decided to do both.

The amnesiac reacted to her display of affection with a deadpan expression wondering what was going on inside Kafka's mind.

After her brief moment of relaxation of head pats, she started to talk, explaining to him that he'll encounter all kinds of perils and hardship, wonderful experiences, and meet companions who would treat him like a family, embarking on an adventure with them.

"At the end of your journey, all that perplexes you and troubles will resolve. This is your future Elio has foreseen. Do you like it?"

Hearing her words, Caelus thought for a moment before responding then answered

"I guess but why are you patting me, like a child." He asked

"I simply felt like it, very soft too. Just listen to what I have to say and I'll stop. Okay," Kafka answered in a calm tone