Late night facetime - Part 2

Start from the beginning

„Alright, here I'll fill it u-„ she looks up at me, her smile vanishing when she notices my panicked face.
„are you alright? pain?" I shake my head motioning towards the clock.

She furrows her eyebrows, not gstting what I was trying to say as she fills up the medicine.

„How long-„ my voice cracks as I pull myself together „has it been, since accident?"

„A week" she mumbles softly, my anxiety rising at the tought of just missing a week of my life.
„I need you to calm down, take a deep breath- try to breathe with me, alright? Okay, deep breath in 3...2...1 and now out 3...2...1"
I close my eyes following the words of the nurse, I still didn't know the name of.
I open my eyes looking up at her name tag.

Nurse Christa Smith

I close my eyes again, feeling tired after the small interaction as I thought of my family and friends, wondering where they were.

„Ariana?" I question softly, the nurse getting my question.
„Been here the whole week, we'll notify her that you're awake. She left some time ago to get some sleep."

The next time I wake up I feel a lot better, finally feeling like myself I decide to try and sit up a bit. I reach out for the remote, the pain in my arm only small as I straighten out my bed. Now in a sitting position I look at the time.

6pm

Alright, atleast this time it could be the same day

I look over, only now noticing my phone on the table. I reach over, hissing at the pain in my ribs, not missing the new cracks in my phone. I gasp at the amount of messages, a white line going through my phone because of the damage. I reply to my family and closest friends, some of them not being able to visit me because of the distance. My brother, my parents and bestfriend reply immediately, telling me they'll come visit me as soon as they can and to take time to heal. When I look at Ariana's chat my heart breaks, she kept texting me- the first one must've been after she was told. She kept texting me that she missed me, loved me and that she regretted leaving me. I felt my pain worsen again and after texting Ariana I quickly put my phone back and lied back down.

Moonlight💍🫶🏼

Baby, I'm awake. Don't worry,
they'll take care of me, I love you❤️

I'm coming!

I smile when I get her text, falling asleep as I dream of the woman.

When I wake up I notice Ariana sitting in the corner, sleeping in my hoodie as soft snores escape her lips. I chuckle at the sight, now looking up at the clock simultaneously as the door opens.

8pm

„Miss Y/l/n, your brother is here to see you. Can I let him in?" I nod quickly, thanking nurse Smith as I quietly sit up.

I watch my brother enter, when he sees me his eyes glass over as he rushes over. I grimace at the impact, his weight on my broken ribs and even after pushinh him away slightly, he doesn't budge.

„Keith- my ribs" I whisper, my voice giving out.

„Right sorry" I pinch him when he starts speaking loudly nodding over to the woman sleeping. His eyes look at her in- disgust?, I furrow my eyebrows hating myself for not being able to ask him what that was about.