Everything we need

Start from the beginning

Both our bracelets buzz and we look down to see Nadine wants us to go watch the nursery today.

We head to the nursery and once we're there a girl, Meredith, sighs.

"Here you go." She says, handing a baby to Audrey.

"They're a bit fussy today, sorry about that. Davina's been I trusted to join you guys as well. I'm supposed to head to the preschool room. See you guys later." She says, leaving.

Meredith's been here since she was a baby, she's 18 now. She's really sweet and somehow still full of joy.

Audrey sits down and rocks the baby she's holding while I pick up one and rock her too.

"I'm never having kids." Audrey says, looking down at the baby.

"Me either. There's no way I'm risking having them. What if they end up just like us? I wouldn't wish this life on anyone." I agree.

"I know it's unlikely but there's no way I'm even gonna risk it. Plus, I'm not really mother material." Audrey says.

"Audrey, yes you are. You're amazing with the kids, they all love you." I tell her.

She shrugs. "Maybe."

The teacher leaves after a few minutes, needing to check on something

I use this opportunity to hack into Nadine's account and search through her files.

I see mine first. "Alina Viviane Kore. Age, 13. Birthday, November 23rd."

That's when my birthday is?

Nadine doesn't let us know our birthdays if we were taken young enough to not know them.

"Mother, Jaclyn Sandra Kore. Age 41, deceased. Father, Mullen Harry Kore. Age 47, deceased. Brother, Kaden Anders Kore. Age 26, alive."

I pause. Kadens alive? There's no mention of my other 10 brothers, but Kadens alive. What happened to him? Is he looking for me?

I could cry I'm so happy, my brothers alive.

Next is Audrey's file.

"Audrey May Williams. Age 19. Birthday, January 11th."

I'll have to tell Audrey her birthday when I see her later, I'm sure she'll be glad to know when it is.

"Mother, Nadine Farrah Zaras. Age 43, alive. Father, Daniel Nate Williams. Age 46, deceased. Brother, Charles Nate Williams. Age 10, deceased. Sister, April Lily Williams. Age 8, deceased. Sister, Davina Quinn Williams. Age 17, alive."

Then there's Halston's file.

"Halston Nevaeh Oura. Age 19. Birthday, August 17th."

Halston knows her birthday since she was older when she was taken, but Nadine keeps her downstairs all day so she grows to hate her birthday.

"Mother, Candice Jane Oura. Age 34, deceased. Father, Roland Gerald Hendricks. Age 34, deceased. Adoptive family, Athena Rose Tames. Age 26, alive. Camden Tames. Age 29, alive."

Finally, Davina's file.

"Davina Quinn Williams. Age 17. Birthday, April 30th."

I'll let Davina know when her birthday is too, I'm sure she's wondering.

"Mother, Penelope Fran Williams. Age 39, deceased. Father, Daniel Nate Williams. Age 46, deceased. Brother, Charles Nate Williams. Age 10, deceased. Sister, April Lily Williams. Age 8, deceased. Sister, Audrey May Williams. Age 19, alive."

I pull a hard drive out of my pocket, once I got from Everett Tames, and put it into the computer.

I download those files, along with a bunch of other girls's files.

I basically put every file onto that drive but I also download all of Nadine's partners names and their businesses. Basically, everything off of Nadine's computer is now in this drive.

"What are you doing?" I jump and turn around to see Ava, a friend of mine from class.

"You're not in computer lab today, what are you doing?" I ask her.

"My schedule changed. Are you hacking again?" She asks.

"Ava, it's really hard to explain. Just please don't tell anyone." I beg her.

"You know me Alina, I won't tell. But you need to stop that, you're going to hell in serious trouble one day." She warns me.

"I'll stop. Thank you so much Ava." She turns skeins and I grab the drive, hiding it in my sleeve and leaving the computer lab.

We have everything we need.

—————————————————————————-

Thank you so much for reading!

I'm be wrapping the book up soon, it'll probably have 20 chapters like the other books.

Have a great day!