Ch. 13: Walks And Worries

Start from the beginning

"Yea sure," you respond, nonchalantly shrugging your shoulders.

Xiao's eyes slightly widen, evidently taken aback by your response. "Uh, alright," he stammers, his voice laced with surprise. After a brief pause, he clears his throat and regains his composure, asserting:

"We're wasting time, let's go."

Ah, yup, there's the Xiao you know and love.

˖⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹

"So... why so sudden?" you finally muster the question, unable to resist the burning question that has lingered in your mind for the past seven minutes of your stroll. I mean, it's not every day that an idol appears unannounced at your doorstep, asking you to accompany them on a stroll. It's only natural to feel a tinge of suspicion, right?

Moreover, this particular idol isn't exactly known for their outgoing nature. And why does he seem more dressed up than usual? The whole situation feels somewhat peculiar, to say the least.

As the question hangs in the air, you sense a subtle tension enveloping Xiao's body. After a few minutes of uneasy silence, you decide not to press further and instead choose to continue the somewhat awkward walk.

Xiao averts his gaze, fixating his eyes on the ground. Though quiet outwardly, his mind races with a flurry of thoughts, particularly revolving around his recent encounter with a certain 'old man.'

...

"Don't forget to exchange pleasantries as well," advised the brown-haired individual.

"I suggest starting off with something simple. Their day, perhaps."

...

"Uh... how's your day?" Xiao utters, his tone more resembling a statement than a question.

Caught off guard by this simple and uncharacteristic question, you find yourself mentally questioning what's gotten into him. "Good?" you respond, a hint of confusion coloring your answer.

Xiao's inner self cringes at the overwhelming awkwardness of the conversation. Even he finds himself weirded out by his own behavior.

The desire to do a complete 180 and escape from the situation tugs at him, tempting him to abandon the walk and retreat into solitude.

However, just as he contemplates executing his impulsive plan, an unexpected shift occurs in Xiao's demeanor. It's as if a switch has been flipped within him.

He senses something, an additional presence, an invisible observer intruding upon your interaction, and it sparks an unspoken resolve within him.

In a sudden burst of energy, Xiao quickens his pace, his strides becoming purposeful and determined. The puzzled expression on your face mirrors the thoughts swirling in your mind, as you struggle to comprehend the sudden transformation in his behavior.

The once awkward atmosphere now crackles with an enigmatic intensity, leaving you curious and slightly taken aback by his sudden change of demeanor.

"Hey, wait up!" you exclaim, calling out to the idol, your voice tinged with both curiosity and a hint of urgency.

Though slightly breathless, you manage to catch up to him. "What's wrong?" Panting slightly, you pose the question that has been plaguing your mind. Yet, he remains silent, continuing to stride forward.

Finally, you both come to a halt, ceasing your brisk pace in a secluded corner behind a building. Determined to elicit a response, you maintain unwavering eye contact with Xiao. "Seriously, what is going on?"