Great expectations

Start bij het begin

"Take it down a notch, Jethro" grandpa warns him. "So, are you guys ready for some fun" grandpa asks us, folding his arms. We all notice Luke staring at grandpa. oh god no.

"What?" grandpa asks Luke. We all stay silent. Suddenly Luke jumps at grandpa, hugging him.

"I love you, grandpa and I'm never gonna forget you" Luke says, still hugging grandpa. Grandpa looks so confused it hilarious.

"Okay, Okay. Right back at you champ" grandpa says, untangling himself from Luke. Grandpa looks over at Haley and notices that she's not wearing any pajamas's.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, This is a pajama party. Where's your pj's?" grandpa questions Haley.

"Yeah, they're in my bag. I need to talk to you about something" Haley says. "She wants to go to a party with Dylan and some of his friends" Alex says before Haley can. "Uh oh" I mutter, helping Luke taking of his backpack before he gets tangled up again. 

"Shut up, Alex" Haley says, dropping her smile. "It's at my friend Andrew Andler's. He lives three blocks from here" Haley explains. "Oh. it's walking distance"grandpa acknowledges.

"Right. So I wouldn't ask you this because I love coming to your house, but it's kind of an important party, and I..." Haley says, trying to convince grandpa.

"Yeah, if somebody invites you over, the last you want to do is insult them" grandpa says.

"Exactly!" Haley agrees. "I'm glad we agree" grandpa says, walking to the kitchen. Haley chuckles to herself. "Oh, my god, that was so easy. This is awesome" Haley mumbles, texting her friends. So gullible.

"You really don't understand what just happened there, do you?" Alex asks Haley, leaning on the wall. Before Haley could answer. "Pj's on Haley" grandpa yells. "What?" Haley wonders confused.

"I would be happy to let her change in my room or Madison" Manny says suggestively. I double blink at grandpa. Grandpa sprays Manny with water.

"I got nothing" grandpa says, slamming his cards on the table. "I think I have a very good pair" Gloria announced confidently, waving her cards around.

"You sure do, honey" grandpa mumbles, leaning on his arm. "I got squad" Alex says, laying the cards on the table. "damn it!" I barked out, throwing my cards down. "I am going to get her another strawberry lemonade" Gloria muttered to grandpa. Even though I still hear her.

"Okay, I don't think I have anything, either" Haley says, showing us her cards. Revealing that she has a straight. This bitch. "Are you kidding me? That's a straight" grandpa explains.

"Really?" Haley wonders. "She wins" grandpa announces. "You won" Luke says. Manny claps his hand. "Good going, Haley" Alex says, praising Haley. "Here is your lemonade Maddy" Gloria says, putting the drink in front of me.

"You know what? I think I deserve a soda" Haley says, standing up and walking away.

We were all in conversation until suddenly grandpa stands up and walks away. "Where are you going mi amor?" Gloria asks grandpa. "Just checking something" grandpa says with a reassuring smile.

"Gloria singing in Spanish"

"I don't understand why she's not falling asleep, Maddy do you know why?" Gloria asks me. I look up from my book. "I have absolutely no idea" I respond, smiling. "I have a theory" I hear Alex mumble under her breath.