Chapter 121:A hands on approach to wizardly

Start from the beginning

The guy was not bad, although a bit of a loud mouth. Medaka didn't have a problem with him per se, but she had a problem with his rat. She described it as being really foul and he doesn't think she was refering to the fact it was a rat.

Zenkichi stared at his wand, thinking what tommorow will bring to them. Yeah, he had a wand. They might've not been blessed with magic before, but All Fiction was versatile like that.

Although their wands weren't bought. However, neither were they made by Kumagawa's Imagination Manifastation. Rather, they were build manually.

It was a joined effort of Medaka and Kumagawa. Kumagawa collected the cores, wanting to get a feel of the eviroment in his own way, and Medaka made the wands, wanting to learn more about it.

The cores brought by Kumagawa were top quality and the wands would be hailed as the most well crafted there are. He supposed it was only to be expected from them.

Also, he's pretty sure Kumagawa didn't buy the cores and just hunted them down. But none of them spoke anything of it.

Najimi:Let Kumagawa-kun to do a murder speed-running.

Zenkichi:If those cores are well known and used, isn't ut considering hunting and not murder?

Najimi:I suppose. Although there'd be hardly a difference when it comes to him.

Now, it's not like they send him without a plan. The three discussed beforehand what cores Kumagawa should collect.

For him it was Dragon Hearthstring. They were known to produce the most powerful and flamboyant spell, but Kumagawa recommended it because it made learning spells easier and faster. He agreed, knowing he had a slight problem with that from that treasure hunt. He also mentioned that those were prone to accidents and most likely to change loyalities, at which Zenkichi proudly proclaimed he was stubborn enough to make it work as a Zero.

For Medaka it was Phoenix Feather. It was a no brainer, the fact that they were the ones with the largest range of spells and hard to win over was a very good match for the perfectionistic plus.

Kumagawa choose Thestral Tail Hair. It was tricky, unstable and only a wizard cappable of accepting death was able to master it. Both Zenkichi and Medaka remarked that it was like this was made for the minus, thanks to his nature and overall familiarity with the subject.

Medaka:This surely is a work to be proud of.

Zenkichi:Kumagawa-senpai really puts his thoughts into it, huh?

Najimi:Kumagawa-kun can be caring and a hard worker, although I doubt ge'd ever admit it. Sometimes he's such a tsun-tsun!

Zenkichi went to the first class with Ron and Harry, noticing the two they were gonna be late if they don't hurry up. Medaka left a little earlier to make Kumagawa was gonna come to the lesson. The minus already thought wizards were dumb and really tagged along just because they asked him, so it was possible for him to not come purely because they were the only thing he actually cared about.

As the three entered the classroom the teacher was still not there. However, they noticed something staring at the classroom, sitting on the teacher desk.

Zenkichi:A cat?

Harry:Perhaps someone's pet.

At that moment the door opened with both Medaka and Kumagawa strolling in. Kumagawa's tired and done with life posture perked up when he saw the cat.

Kumagawa:[Ah, is that what we're learning today?]

Medaka:Good morning, Sensei!

The cat jumped forward and quickly Morphed into Minerva. Fully clothed, thankfully.

Ron:Wow, bloody wicked!

Minerva:Thank you for your appreciation, mister Weasely. Good morning to you too, miss Kurokami. And no, mister Kumagawa. Not yet, at least. That said, for your quick observation...Twenty points for both Hufflepuff and Gryffindor!

The transfiguration class went fairly well. They only did some theory and a combination spell at which everyone succeded, although Kumagawa fell back in his bored state.

Next was potion making class. This time Zenkichi shared a desk with Kumagawa, unlike last time whdn he shared one with Medaka.

Soon enough the teacher came in with a grandious push of the doors. He had shoulder-lenght black hair and eyes of tge same color together with a dead expression. His name was Severus Snape.

Severus:Settle down. There will be no follish wand waving in this class.

Zenkichi let out a sigh of relief. He knew they had to do it, but damn was it embarassing!

No student made any complains,mostly because they were intimidated by Severus. Although the three abnormals were unaffected, having prior experience with people that would make the wizard look like a rainbow haired baby boy.

Looking at Kumagawa, Zenkichi had found no trace of his senpai's formed mood. In fact, right now he was grinning from ear to ear. The Perfect Minus stared at Severus like a child staring at their Christmas present.

Kumagawa:[I think I just found my favorite class!]

Najimi:Pfft! Rainbow haired baby!

Zenkichi:Do you disagree?

Najimi:No, not at all. It's just funny imagining his reaction!

Zenkichi:I'll believe you on that. Not all of us can know everything about someone just because we want to.

Najimi:Sounds like a skill issue to me.

Kouki:Did she just make a pun?

Saki:Eh, wasn't a half bad one.

Bill:Hm...Medaka Box yaoi fans would be all for it.

It was a bit strange to see that, because the two of them rarely hanged out without more people. Zenkichi was reminded by that snake battle from this picture.

 Zenkichi was reminded by that snake battle from this picture

Zenkichi:Huh, wouldn't you know...

Najimi:Although your brain seems far from rooting away.

Zenkichi:Although...Is that ketchup or blood?

Saki:Whatever. At least when he eats he keeps his mouth shut.