𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

"Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality

"Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality..." - Edgar Allan Poe

"Where are we going?"

"My birthday party."

We arrived at the mansion, I was immediately imagining how fun it would be to play hide and seek.

Bringing a toddler to a party isn't really the best idea, but he had a plan. He's reveal was tonight and it was to late to change, in act one he could've stopped it all, now it was too late.

Not long after some guy and another woman arrived at the party, did Jennifer, Dewey, and Gale walk in. Gale's haircut was horrible, it was horrifying.

"You brought your daughter?" I instantly knew it was Jennifer.

"Calm down," I turned around and said. Her mouth hung wide open, and stared at me for a moment. Shocked I talked back to her, I was only telling the truth.

"Of course," he always brought me to events and parties, if they were child friendly.

"Yeah well we're actually here to see Sidney," that name I had heard before. That fucking name. I despise hearing that name, I hate it. I knew she was my aunt, but I had never seen her.

"Really? Sidney's here?" Someone I didn't know asked.

"Where?" Another person asked, I didn't know any of these people.

If she said that question a loud they would definitely be offended, they'd start raging.

Some of the actors were just pretentious to her, they thought they were all that. They weren't that important as they believed they were, that's what she thought but didn't know how to say. To her the worst one was the actress that played, her aunt.

"Where's Sidney?"

"She's right there," the girl looked at the actress playing Sidney. Is that my aunt? I thought.

"Jesus, not "Sidney" Sidney. Like I'm "Gale" and she's Gale," that's the first thing she said that makes sense.

"Sidney Prescott?"

"Yeah," the woman with the horrendous bangs said.

"No, I'd never invite her here," why wouldn't dad invite auntie.

"She's on her way," am I finally going to meet my aunt?

"Well the more the merrier," a very sarcastic version of my dad said. I was growing bored I didn't know these people, and the night was supposed to go a certain way.

I walked over to my dad pulling at his flannel, making him look down.

"I wanna play hide and seek," I looked at him with my puppy eyes. Those eyes worked on everyone, I was very persuasive.

"You wanna play hide and seek?"

"Yea."

"Okay, you hide I seek."

I ran to go and find the best hiding spot, in the background the adults disagreeing with his choice of letting his daughter wander around a strange house. With a masked killer possibly roaming the halls.

I found a basement exploring it thoroughly, finding scary props that looked even scarier in the dark. The light was off and she couldn't see anything, except some glow in the dark props.

I thought I had heard a noise coming from somewhere, my young mind thought it was a ghost or a poltergeist.

I stumbled into a mannequin wearing the ghostface costume, I tried to reach the mask, failing to reach it. I found another mask on the floor behind a rack, K put it on making the experience less scary.

The mask made me feel protected it was my armor, against the scary things I couldn't see in the dark.

I roamed the halls for a bit longer stumbling upon an office with many bookshelves, to many.

Woah, please be a secret door. Please be a secret door.

I climbed on the bookshelf pulling the correct book, "yes," I did a victorious hand movement, and the door moved as I held on tight and jumped off. I had found the screening room where everything in my life would take a turn, and my worst nightmare would take place ten minutes later.

I hid in a dumbwaiter that was somewhere in the corner of the room, I stayed there waiting for someone to find me.

I could hear muffled voices from upstairs that were actually screams, I didn't know what was going on.

No matter what would happen I felt protected by the mask, it gave me the feeling of strength and power.

I started humming a nursery rhyme to make the time pass.

"Ring around the rosie. A pocketful of posies. Ashes, ashes. We all fall down."

▬ι═ﺤ
Author's Note:

(edited)