pretty rave boy

Dan huffed and glanced at his headphones sitting on Mr Hill's desk for what felt like the hundredth time now. He'd gotten detention for listening to music while the teacher was talking when REALLY the TEACHER started talking while HE was listening to music. He continued to doodle on the corners of his worksheet, unable to focus without his headphones.

He was distracted once more when he saw two people he didn't recognise enter the classroom. Hill looked up at them aswell, "Gruber." Was all he said to greet him, that seemed to catch the attention of the older gentleman, while his- son? Maybe his grandson, he seemed to old to be a dad- ignored them both. Dan could almost hear the hyper-pop being pumped into his ears through his Invader Zim headphones where he was sitting. He was a little jealous. The kid seemed his age, maybe a little younger, and to call him scene almost felt like an understatement. His wrists were so decked out in kandi you almost couldn't see any skin, the small part you could see, on his hands and where his rolled up hoodie sleeves stopped were wearing pink and green fishnet fingerless gloves. You could tell the guy liked Invader Zim, his hoodie, his headphones, his shoes, and his backpack were all merchandise. Dan got a little more jealous. He HAD to talk to this kid.

Dan had been so distracted gawking over the new boy, that he'd totally forgotten to listen into the conversation the old men were having. He tuned in again the same time as the other kid did. "This is Herbert," the old guy who came in with him said. Herbert looked at him, disinterested. "He's the boy I'll be fostering." Herbert nodded towards Hill, but didn't speak. Suddenly he looked right at Dan, he couldn't quite tell but he seemed to perk up a bit when he noticed Dan was also scene.

He couldn't help but blush as Herbert started at him. He finally spoke, pointing right at Dan. "Who's that?" Hill sighed, but neither of them looked at him, "That, is Daniel Cain. One of your new classmates, he's in detention currently." Herbert grinned as he spoke, and said more meekly "Hi, Dan." Dan waved back and smiled more.

Before he knew it, Herbert was lead out of the classroom again. Dan watched as he left, a grin still on his face. He stared at the door for a moment. "Back to work." He frowned and rolled his eyes, then looked back down at the worksheet.