Introduction: The Journey Begins

As an overseas Filipino worker, my journey started when I decided to visit Dubai in 2007 with the purpose of being with my mother. Little did I know, this visit would turn into a lifelong journey of opportunities and challenges. Graduated in accountancy, I landed my first job in Dubai's real estate industry. It was only after a year that I realized my passion for entrepreneurship and decided to assist my mother in her retail business. With a growing demand for her products, I started to sell her goods by going to my friends' accommodations and catering to events of Filipino organizations during weekends.

My journey began with humble roots, but my inspirations and motivations to pursue entrepreneurship started at a young age. Selling books, doing tutorials, and having a water refilling station, were some of the ventures I took to earn extra money during my college days. As an overseas Filipino worker, I realized the importance of having multiple sources of income to support myself financially.

With this book, my objective is to inspire other overseas Filipinos to take the first step towards entrepreneurship. To never stop learning, grinding, and thinking of creative ways to earn extra money. I hope this book will provide guidance and insight for those who are interested in starting a business and help them navigate the challenges and opportunities of entrepreneurship.