Make up your mind - Part 2

Začít od začátku

Opening my door, I make my way downstairs - stopping midway to contemplate whether I should go back upstairs to get my phone - finally deciding not to. I rub my eyes, going in my kitchen without looking around and immediatly stop at the only thing I really ever spent money on.

„My baby" I murmur, my hand going over the fancy italian coffee machine I bought a few years ago. I stretch, taking out a cappuccino cup and quickly start the machine. When the coffee is done I sigh happily, turning around as I ponder over what to eat- thinking about texting David to see where he is when I hear voices outside.

There he is

I look up from coffee when my eyes make contact with soft brown ones.

„Maddie"

Out of shock my cup fallls out of my hands, the liquid spilling out all over my bare skin.

„Shit- fuck- that burns ahhh" I jump around, quickly going over to the sink.

„Shit, Y/n are you alright? I didn't mean to scare you!" I feel her look at me as I turn on the water, but when I'm about to spill cold water over the wound I notice my bruised knuckles.

Everything from last night starts coming back, the incidents hitting me hard as if I just woke up from a dream. I start turning around, again making eye contact with the woman I'm in love with as I stand- unable to move.

„Are you okay?"

„Uhhh uhm" I rub my forehead, feeling a headache coming „Uh where is David" I ask, needing his assistance right now.

„That's actually why I'm here, we're filming a video outside- don't tell them I'm in here, he only agreed to it because of management and well he thought I'd be gone by the time you were awake." she keeps rambling, a smile subconsciously making its way onto my face.

I- Do I apologise? No because it was her fault
But what about being the bigger person
fuck that, I'm petty

„Y/n?" I look up again, confusion written all over my face.

„Y/n I-„
„Mads I-„
„Sorry Mads, what were you saying?"
„No you go first"
„I uh" I put my hands in my pockets, completely forgetting about the coffee spilled all over my body
„I don't even know what to say to be honest, my mind's all over the place"

Madison smiles softly, stepping closer to me when suddenly her phone rings. We both look down, screen lighting up as the phone sits on the counter

Jack

I feel my knuckles burn, my mind connecting his name with the bruises. I clear my throat, going back to clean myself „You gonna get that?" I ask when I hear the phone still ringing after a few seconds.

„No"

I turn back around, seeing that Mads hadn't moved from her position, still watching me.

„Are you just gonna ignore me now?"

I chuckle „Honestly if you're not gonna say anything I don't know what else to do"

We're not gonna be petty again

„Are you forreal forcing me to apologise first?" I look at her dumbfounded, she must know how much I hate apologising.

„Well I won't be- because fuck Madison that guy, he cheated on you how many times? He called you a slut not only once but twice. I don't know what else to say and I won't apologise for punching him, he fucking deserved it- honestly I would gladly do it again."

„What's your problem with him?"

I scoff „Where you just here right now? Did I not just say exactly that? Or does your brain just chose what to hear and what to ignore" I exclaim, feeling myself get heated again as I take a few deep breaths.