Chapter 4 - Hukaat'kama

"Hukaat'kama" - "Watch my back"

"Vor'e" - "Thanks"

"Are you ready buddy?" Werda turned to the BD unit that chirped encouragingly in response. They had landed on Arvala-7 about ten minutes ago and spent the time gathering the needed supplies and weaponry for the upcoming hunt. Well, first things first was a recon run. Scope out the area and get a good feel for how much resistance there could possibly be. Hence why she was bringing the little droid.

She tapped her dual thigh holsters and felt the blasters residing within as usual. Seemingly unnecessary for most, but after making the mistake of assuming that she had them with her when it turned out she didn't... well it leaves a habit of always checking an extra time. The scar on her midriff singed with the memory and she internally cringed at herself. Di'kut.

"Alright BD-6, time to try out that new modification of yours," exiting the ship with the droid perched on her shoulder, she tapped the small buttons on her vambrace. The ramp retracted back into the ship and a few seconds afterwards, there was a sizzling sound that crackled for a moment before falling silent again. During the moment, small twisting lines of blue energy had climbed up and around the outside hull of the ship before disappearing with the sound. Werda turned her head to the droid who had been observing it, "Sounds and looks promising, don't you think?"

It beeped shortly, seeming to still mull it over.

"Well, only one way to find out," she bent down to the sandy orange ground and picked up a small pebble. Throwing it at the ship, it froze upon impact as blue energy crackled around it like a cage. And for a few seconds it was held by it before it fizzled out and the pebble was dropped onto the ground. Werda let out a small laugh in surprise as she watched it all happen, "Wizard..."

BD-6 cheered from her shoulder and bumped its head gently against her helmet.

"Good job, buddy! You really know your stuff eh?"

Chirping nonchalantly it settled down and reminded her that maybe it was time to get going.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm going. Maybe those pesky Jawas will learn to keep their hands off stuff that doesn't belong to them," turning around she started heading up the rocky hills on the barren, sand filled planet. The BD unit swayed with her walking and remarked on what she said. The hunter laughed and bobbed her helmet in a nod, "You're right, I'm putting my expectations too high. Maybe they'll see–"

She stopped. Something wasn't right. Dropping down into a shelf on the low mountain ridge she had just walked up on she motioned for her droid companion to stay quiet. Forcing her pulse down and breathing slowly she listened to her surroundings. Wind rustling the sand along the rocks, some creature bellowing not too far off and shuffling. A very faint shuffle of fabric against the rock. Using hand signals she signalled for the droid to make a wide sweep and get eyes on the northern direction. Helping it get down from her shoulder quietly, she slowly slid out her blasters from the dark leather as BD-6 skittered away down onto the ground. Someone was near.

The sun was beginning its descent into the horizon, but there would still be a few hours of daylight before complete darkness. It was shining from behind her, beyond the small wall of rock she had dropped down into. The rock was smooth from years of sand drifting against it, sanding down the rough edges. If there was someone here then they must've seen her land the ship, so that's where they'll be heading. The small shelf she stood on carried on about three metres to her right before rising to the level of flat rock above where she had just been walking. Carefully she sneaked along it, still listening for the sound of fabric against rock. It seemed as if it had stopped, probably wondering why she had suddenly gone quiet. They know I'm onto them.