Chapter 23 - The Witness

Start from the beginning

Not even remembering her, Sudou asked again. "Who is she anyway?".

"You know, she has big breasts". Ike revealed, gesturing a large round shape in his chest.

"How did you come with that?! I'm really disappointed at you, Ike-kun". Kushida can't help but be bitterly sad, especially on Ike. When he saw it, he was horrified, frantically explaining that he didn't meant it.

"So, how can we convince her?". Kushida asked the group.

At her question, a surprising person decided to lend a helping hand. It was none other than Okuma who raised his hand.

"Just leave it to me". He said unexpectedly.

At his declaration, everyone was left baffled. The usually violent and cynical Okuma, if provoked, beats anyone on its way regardless of gender, decided to help us. Not in a hundred, or even a thousand of years I expected him to have a change of heart.

"Don't get me wrong. I'm not doing this out of goodwill".

Just as I expected, he just did it out of his selfishness. It would be bizarre if he did has good intentions. I would immediately suspect him as an imposter if he becomes suddenly nice.

"Well, we'd like to. But, we didn't see you interact with her so it might be difficult. Unless if you two are close, we might consider". Kushida stated.

"We aren't".

"...".

At his reply, silence ensued again. How can he talk to Sakura if they didn't establish a relationship first?

"Just trust me on this one. I have a method on how to swiftly deal with this". He persuaded us with no lack of confidence.

"And what this 'method' are you talking about?". Kushida asked him, a bit skeptical at his proposal.

"You'll find it out tomorrow morning".

After that, he got up from the floor and left the room. The others follow shortly on leaving while I picked up the leftover trash on the floor.

===

One day has already passed and the morning classes has already been finished. Now is currently the planned time where Okuma will confront Sakura on being a witness. Okuma stood up from his seat and approached her.

"Sakura Airi".

"Y-yes?! You called me, Okuma-kun?". Sakura responded perplexedly, who didn't expected him to call her. And the way she called him, I guess they are already acquainted before.

"I want to ask you about me and Sudou's case".

"I-I'm sorry. I'm busy right now...". She excused, picking up her bag in her preparation to leave.

"I promise it wouldn't take a lot of your time". Okuma still didn't back down while trying to ask her for her time.

"I-I think you got the wrong person here". She denied while looking away from him.

At her response, he paused a little bit before he sighed in exasperation. He then continued.

"I see. If that's so, then I guess I can't help but let you go".

"Then...".

But before she tried to walk away, something that comes out from Okuma's mouth makes her still on the ground.

"Though, don't blame me if some words of secrets got out". Okuma said indifferently, his attitude completely took a complete turn compared when he first started asking her.

"W-what do you mean? I don't know what you're talking about...".

"Playing a fool, aren't we? Then don't mind me if I run my lips around a bit". He shrugged as he turned his head from side to side.

With Okuma's obscure threat while they are being under the gazes of many people. Sakura became increasingly nervous as she became helpless overtime.

"I know that you're involve. If not, I wouldn't approach you like this. If you don't cooperate, then don't blame me if some rumors were spread. So think carefully".

Not being able to handle it any longer, Sakura immediately ran away in nervousness.

However, as she got out to the classroom, she bumped on Hondou's shoulder and the camera she was holding fell straight to the floor.

As she picked it up and tried to operate it, a black screen is still ever present, which means the device shows no signs of life.

"Oh no...". Horrified, Sakura frantically tried every method to revive her device such as opening the case of its power source, pulling out the batteries and pushed it back in. Even so, her efforts still became futile as the result is still the same.

"Sorry". Hondou apologized half-heartedly who was still focusing on his phone.

But before he entered the classroom, he bumped on a person blocking at the entrance. In irritation, he looked at the perpetrator and looked at him angrily.

"Hey! Watch where you going...". He was about to scold that person, but when he takes a good look at him, it was none other than Okuma who blocked his way.

When Hondou saw it was him, he immediately changed into a respectful tone. "Uhm, can you please let me enter the classroom". Hondou pleaded him.

However, instead of moving away, he glared at him. He then started asking Hondou.

"Don't you think that you're forgetting something?".

"...What is it?". At his question, his tone became meek. As if he, a prey, was cornered by a predator.

"Give compensation to Sakura and apologize to her". He demanded.

At his ridiculous demand, Hondou started to complain.

"Wh-what do you mean compensation?! It's her fault for being an air head! I even apologized to her even if I did nothing wrong!". He shouted angrily.

"PFT, HAHAHAHA!".

But instead of listening to him, he started to chuckle silently until it turns into laughter.

After he laughed, he started to cracked up his knuckles one by one, warming up his hands. He then grasped at the top of Hondou's head.

"I didn't quite catch on what you're saying. Can you please say that again, but slowly".

"...".

At his menacing tone and gaze, Hondou became silent as his body started to shake on its own while beads of sweat started to form on his forehead.

"What? Cat got your tongue? Why don't you say it again?". He said, as if he was threatening him.

With no options left, he bowed his head slightly at Sakura.

"I-I'm sorry...".

At his apology, Okuma's face immediately plastered into a grin, as if a great idea has entered his mind.

"Now, show me your points".

TO BE CONTINUED.