1 - Freelance Valley Police

If you enjoy mystery monster attacks almost every day, Pure Heart Valley is the place for you.

The bright town was adorned with a gigantic, glistening ruby. It was the heart of the valley, no joke intended. It was also the main reason why there's monsters here in the first place.

Squishy little villagers called Sweetypies went about their day oblivious of the next attack on their home. Even the glorious King Snugglemagne was carefree, grapes dropped to his mouth by his servant.

Mao Mao, the certified sheriff of Pure Heart Valley, took on the job to protect the citizens and become a legend. He would be praised for decades to come!

But that flew from his mind as he wrote up a parking ticket for Pinky. Again.

His cat ears twitched as he smacked the ticket on Pinky's magenta-painted truck. "Pinky, didn't I say no parking directly on the parking meter?! The damages came out of my paycheck last time!"

A short pink rhino glared at Mao Mao with a pout. "Paying for parking is stupid! That's why I do it!"

"Well now you have to pay a fine. Hope you're happy."

The sheriff picked up the all too familiar scent of smoke. It burned his nostrils slightly. He dashed away while Pinky yelled some insult involving Mao Mao's puppet fear.

"SLIM PIGGINS! Your obnoxiously huge monster truck is on fire again!"

Slim was bopping his head to whatever music was playing on his earbuds as he laid on the seat.

Mao facepalmed and muttered, "Sweetypies."

He called Badgerclops over so he could put out the fire. His robotic arm turned into a water cannon.

"Being a sheriff is such hard work!" Badgerclops groaned as he stood there waiting until the fire died out.

Slim was now awake and getting a fine from Mao Mao.

"You're a deputy, Badgerclops. I'm the sheriff overseeing these mindless citizens!"

"Hey!" Slim shouted.

Mao planted the paper to Slim's face without a care, sighing heavily. "All in a day's work, I suppose. But it's like the days melt together, 'Clops!"

He looked up at the sky, his frown shifting to a thoughtful smile. It turned to a grin as he pointed his katana at nothing, his mind wandering. "I want something new! Exciting! Something that will lead us on a new adventure, resulting in a high stakes battle, to an enriching lesson for children to attach to and forget about the next day!"

His grin dropped. His katana went back to its sheathe.

"Well word on the street says the Sky Pirates have a new crew member." Badgerclops finished putting out the fire. "We'll see the next time they decide to wreak havoc and steal our meatball subs."

Mao's eyes brightened at the sound of that. A new crew member? If this was true, and they weren't as lacking-of-brain-cells as the rest of the crew, things would finally be refreshing for once!

"I hope the Sweetypies are right for once." The sheriff began heading back to HQ until an object was heard crashing into a fountain.

The said fountain was in the center of the village. From beyond the smoke, the silouette of a car was slightly visible. The car was wedged vertically into the ground, until it, with a loud creak, tipped and slammed to the ground.

The sound of stone breaking and water splashing made Mao Mao's ears twitch. He whipped out his golden weapon, turning around.

"NEW VILLAIN?! SHOW YOURSELF!" Mao drew out the word "yourself" as he bared his teeth. He made a beeline to the car, keeping his distance.