Sunny (Lee soon Kyu)

S U N N Y (써니)

Stage Name: Energy Source SUNNY (활력소 써니 - hwalryeokso Sunny)

Birth Name: Lee Soon-kyu (이순규)

Nicknames: Soonkyu, DJ Soon, Ssun, Sunny Bunny, Choi Danshin (the shortest)

Blood type: B

Date of Birth: May 15, 1989

Zodiac Sign: Taurus

Sibling(s): 2 older sisters (Lee Eun-kyu, Lee Jin-kyu)

Position: Lead Vocalist

Language: Korean (Fluent), English, Chinese (Basic), Japanese (Basic)

Specialty: Sports, Eloquence

Casted: 2007 SM Casting System

Training Duration: 9 Months (previously trained for 5 years in another company)

School: Baehwa Girl's High School (배화여자고등학교) [graduated]Career:

- 2008 DJ for Melon 'ChunJi Radio: Sungmin & Sunny' (with Super Junior Sungmin)

- 2008 MV Super Junior H - 'Cooking? Cooking!'

- 2008 OST for movie Story of Wine 'Finally Now'

- 2008 OST for SBS drama Working Mom 'You Don't Know About Love'

- 2009 CF 'Post Cereal' (with Sooyoung & Seohyun)

- 2009 MC for SkyTV 'the M' (with SS501 Hyungjoon)

- 2009 OST for MBC drama Heading to the Ground 'It's Love' (with Taeyeon)

- 2009 MC for MTV 'the M' (with 2AM Seulong)

- 2009 Variety show KBS2 'Invincible Youth' (as part of Girl7)

- 2010 OST for SBS drama Oh! My Lady 'Your Doll'

TRIVIA

Sunny is the shortest member of SNSD.Sunny is in charge of aegyo (cutesy acts) in SNSD.She doesn't really fond of her real name, Soon-kyu because it sounds old and outdated.The name Soon-kyu lives on through her participation in variety show 'Invincible Youth' wherein Sunny revealed her hard-working side as a farmer. Many viewers thought "Soonkyu" was a nickname given to fit her persona of hard-working country-side girl in the show, while in fact it's her real name. She also gained the nickname "Chicken-catcher Soonkyu" thanks to her impressive ability to catch chicken.Sunny was born in United States and the moved to Kuwait when she was an infant.She and her family was a war refugee during the Gulf War in Kuwait.Sunny has a phobia to fireworks and loud sounds, probably because of the Gulf War experience she had.Sunny is an avid gamer.Sunny is a niece to SM Entertainment's founder and former CEO, Lee Sooman.She's the last to join SNSD and the one who received the shortest training in SM Ent; that was because she was trained in another company, owned by singer Wheesung, for five years but the company went bankrupt so Sunny auditioned to SM Entertainment instead.

Sunny shares the same birthday with both of her older sisters.