Chapter Three: In-Between Strike Two And Three

Start from the beginning

"Here we are, my love" we get out of the car and run into the diner, we sat in a red booth and looked at the menu's, "What can I get you two?"

"I'll have a cheese burger with a coffee, please" the old woman look's at me, "A straw berry milkshake and a apple pie, please" I smiled up at her, she nod's and walk's away.

"You and your bloody apple pie" Peter chuckles, I rolled my eyes and we continued chatting, "I got us tickets to Blood On The Dance Floor" he suddenly say's.

I dropped my apple pie, "What?! No way" I stare at him, "Yes way, we'll be going next week"

"Oh my gosh!" I yelled and leaned over the table and hugged him, "This is going to  be awesome!" he laugh's, "It is!"

We walked out, leaning on each other and are hand in hand, laughing and chatting, "Wait, I have to tell you something" we stop, the rain was a light dribble and I stared at him and he looked at me, "You know I love you, ever since I was twelve"

"P-" "No, no, no, let me continue" he laugh's. I stop and wait for him to continue, he then get's down on one knee, "Wait, wait-" "Shh" he shushes me.

"Right, Emily Jade Payne, I have loved you for a long time, and I want to grow old with you. This isn't a real ring, it's a promise ring. I promise, one day we'll get married and run off together" he pull's out a little box.

He open's it and a silver band with two heart's together gleamed in the light from the twenty-four hour dinner, one was black, the other was clear crystal.

"So, Emily, will you do me the honors and promise that we get married?" "I promise" I whispered.

We hug and he put's the band on my finger, "You cheesy idiot" I laughed and Peter chuckles and we climb back into his car, "You know, we went for burger and pie at three a.m?" I laughed.

He laugh's too and start's the car and we sing love song's together, as weird as we are.

I looked at him, smiling and he did too. We looked back to the front and I sang along to NeverShoutNever, "Baby I love you, I never want to let you go-" I cut myself of, "PETER!" I screamed, he slam's the break's down, and turn's the wheel.

The car swerved, skidding in a circle and the light's of the truck blinded me. Then, the truck collided with Peter's side, and all I could hear we me screaming.

~

All I could feel was my body aching, "P-Peter?" I stuttered, I blinked a couple times, dizzy, my seat belt dug into my skin and I noticed that I was hanging up side down, "Peter?" I whisper.

I looked over and saw Peter, his face was covered in blood, "Peter" 

I shakily reached out and touched his face, "Peter?" I croaked again, that's when I heard distant sound's of ambulances.

"I.. love... you..." I heard him whisper, "P-Peter, no, stay.. stay with me" I wheezed, he cough's, blood came out of his mouth.

"Peter!" I screamed.

From there, it was just a blur, fire fighter's had to cut me out, apparently. 

It turn's out that Peter had turned the car, so the truck wouldn't hit my side, it'd hit his. He died on the scene, and I was taken to hospital in ambulance. 

I have two scar's, a small one on my hair line, and one across my heart where glass had shattered and sliced it, scarring me for life. Apparently, I was lucky. 

Was I though? Was I really? 

I had just lost the guy i've been in-loved with since I was thirteen, and now he's gone. All because I wanted a milk shake and apple pie.

How selfish I must be.

People say it isn't my fault, it was the drunk truck driver's fault... but I know what they really think, it's mine.

No matter what they say, it'll alway's be my fault. 

People, my friend's have tried talking to me, but to be honest, I didn't talk to them to them until two month's ago, I still don't eat properly, he just never leave's my mind really. They way he laughed, how he talked, how he alway's shaked his head in amusement, I miss it.

I guess you can say, i'm suffering silently. 

But hey, it can't all be bad, right? 

Becca's been going on and on about a party that's coming up, she say's there will be alcohol there... she seem's excited for that. I might have been too, if he was still alive.

I guess you can only push on, right? I can't do anything now, he isn't here with me anymore, but that doesn't mean I can't stop mourning and wanting him to be here with me, does it?