❇️Hurts Like A Bitch❇️

Start from the beginning

"Levi you don't understand, she fucking..." scares me. She scares me because she makes me want to tell her everything that makes me sad and everything that makes me happy. Her presense didn't bother me that much anymore, fuck it was even comforting enough to actually make me hug the shit out of her at the school play in my excitement. She makes me want to try and be her real friend and it terrifies me.

I don't want to let anyone in. Or maybe I do? I'm so fucking confused.

And I couldn't even tell Levi these things because I can't even admit it to myself out loud. Oh but that didn't mean Levi was done telling me just what he thought.

"I'm not a fucking toy you can have possession over Caleb, I'm your twin brother who you should trust enough to know that I would never, ever just abandon you, especially after everything we've been through with mom. And although dad now sees Skylar as probably his own daughter doesn't mean he doesn't see us as his sons anymore, hell maybe he even wants to spend time with us alone but you always shoot him down and badmouth Skylar while you're at it, leaving him no choice but to defend her and himself from your harsh words. You really need to get that childish mentality of us being "stolen away" out of your head, it's getting old. Skylar didn't choose to be a part of this family but for once both our dad and Oakleigh are happy after everything they went through, can't we just let them be without making it so fucking difficult for them?" Levi let out an exhausted sigh before his eyes suddenly went wide with realisation and worry.

"Oh shit I forgot, how are we gonna tell dad and Oakleigh that Skylar is still out there?" Levi's eyes traveled to the floor-to-ceiling window slowly as if afraid of seeing what's outside. My eyes couldn't help but follow his before they rested on the dark grey clouds that mixed with an even darker blue. A small chill ran down my back as I saw the palm trees almost bending over due to the strong wind with little specks if white snow falling slowly from the sky.

Skylar was still out there.

Suddenly the front door opened and both Levi and I snapped our heads towards the sound with hope that it was Skylar. But that hope dropped to our stomachs and turned into a gnawing dread when we saw our dad, Oakleigh and Oliver walk in with laughter and smiles on their faces, oblivious to everything that just happened in a span of a few hours.

Dad was carrying a few grocery bags and Oakleigh had Oliver in her arms who held a new looking Harry Potter book against his chest. Dad looked over at us and his smile instantly got brighter which made me feel even more guilt when I thought about what Levi said.

"Hey guys, wow it's freaking cold out there, wouldn't want to be caught up in that later. We should quickly get started on this cake or you won't be having any for after your birthday dinner." He joked as he scanned the livingroom as if looking for something or someone,"Where's Sky, could you go tell her we need a little help?" He asked walking past us to get to the kitchen.

"Well about that, she's not really, exactly here at the moment." Levi said choosing his words wisely as I bit the inside of my cheek with my nails picking at the skin of my knuckles. Dad instantly stopped in his tracks before turning towards us, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he looked between us. He seemed to notice the wound on my nose and his gaze lingered there for a while before he questioned us.

"What do you mean she's not here? Where is she?" We were just about to come up with a well thought out answer before Oakleigh's sharp gasp stopped us. Dad instantly placed the grocery bags on the couch and was by her side in 3.34 seconds.

"What's wrong mon étoile?" Dad had asked. Oakleigh's hand was on her chest as she sucked in a deep, shaky breath. Her other hand had reached out to grip my dad's arm as if her legs would give out under her if she didn't. She then whispered something so quietly that I couldn't hear a word but dad obviously did and his eyes instantly darted towards the coffee table. (My star)