"Cali." His voice was a little breathless and he sounded like he was in pain.

I stopped petting Buster and sat up a little straighter, "Dante? Where are you?"

"I'm coming after you. What's your address?" A car door slammed in the back ground and I heard the familiar sound of his Corvette rev.

"What? Dante what's happening?"

"You're not safe, piccolo. Cody knows where you are and he's coming. I don't know what he has planned so please-cooperate."

My stomach dropped from fear. My breath caught in my throat. I hadn't told Cody where I lived.

After telling Dante my address he gave a relieved sigh, "I'll be there in twenty minutes. Be ready to leave, amore." He hung up without any reassurance.

I frantically stood from my bed and grabbed the stuff that I had taken from my bag and shoved them back in. Buster barked, noticing my distress.

I hushed him and stripped out of my dress, putting on an oversized tee and sweats. I had no idea where Dante would take me or how far out that would be...so might as well dress comfortably.

I bounded downstairs with my luggage and paused again and the end of the stairs. My mom was looking through old family photos, torturing herself. I dropped my bags by the door and made my way to her.

I sat down next to her and took the worn book from her trembling fingers, "Why look at these?"

My mother shrugged and wiped a tear from her cheek, "Remembering the old times."

"That's fine," I whispered, setting the book on the coffee table, "But, you don't need to do it to make yourself worse."

My mom nodded but didn't raise her head to look at me.

"How bout this," I tried, nudging my shoulder with hers, "When I get back from my uhm...vacation. I'll take you to college with me. Let you get out and make some friends."

My mother laughed and took a hold of my hand, "I'm guessing you're ready to leave?"

Headlights shone from the front yard and into the living room windows. Dante was here.

My mother stood and made her way towards the door, "Who could that be?"

I quickly jumped over the couch and stopped her from opening the door, "It's Lily. She wanted to pick me up."

My mother frowned, "So she drive over an hour to get you? Doesn't sound like her."

It really didn't.

I shook my head, "She couldn't afford a plane so she drove here, she's passing through town anyways and I didn't want you to have to drive me all the way to Atlanta. You need to start packing for Ohio!"

My mother smiled, believing my lie, "Okay. I love you. Be careful and hurry back!" My mother twirled on her heel and jogged to her room, "I bought the perfect outfit last weekend!"

I smiled, loving the fact that she changed moods so quickly. I was glad she was coming back with me-even if I was joking at first. She needed this break, she needed new people in her life.

I took a deep breath and grabbed my luggage, walking out to the porch.

Dante's door slammed and I saw him making his way towards me. He admired the house for a mere second until a look of concern reached his face at the look of my exhausted one. His long strides had him on my porch quickly. He cupped my face with his hands, his large form calming me. His familiar sent enveloped me, bringing me into a state of bliss. His finger ran over my cheekbone, "It's good to see you, piccolo."

His Italian accent has me melting. You could barley hear it over the phone and to her it now in person had me wanting him more.

I smiled up at him as he placed a kiss to my forehead. He dropped his hands from my face and reached for my luggage, throwing it over his shoulder like it weighed nothing. I couldn't help but admire his muscles as he did so.

I had to jog to keep up with his long strides, "Is everything okay?"

Dante nodded as he opened his trunk. Once my luggage was packed tight he opened my door for me. Then made his way to the drivers side.

He put the car in reverse and backed out of my driveway. Buster was barking from my bedroom window-looking down at us. I simply put a finger to my lips to shush him. His barking seized.

"Does your mother know who picked you up?" Dante's voice startled me out of my own thoughts.

It had gotten dark so quickly that I hadn't realized my day had flown by. One second I'm joking with my mom and the next I'm sitting with a tatted Italian man that I had yet to really know anything about.

"No," I replied, twiddling with my fingers, "I told her Lily picked me up."

Dante's face was hard as he nodded. His hand had unconsciously made its way to rest on my thigh. I found a sense of comfort from it that caused me to not push it away. My grandma would be so proud.

I placed my hand on top of his.

I found myself yearning for him. His touch and his voice. Like nothing I'd ever experienced before. The feelings and desires for him were so new to me that it even scared me.

These feeling were nothing compared to the ones I had with Jace.

I looked over at the mysterious man beside me.

"Where've you been?"

I noticed he was wearing a tux and used it as a way to get him to tell me something about him.

His hand tightened on my thigh, "Business. Daniel and I have very high positions and are needed occasionly."

I raised an eyebrow, "What's the business?"

Dante looked over at me, his dark eyes zeroing me out, "We help start big businesses."

I gaped, impressed, "You must be racking in the doe."

I covered my mouth with my hand and mentally slapped myself, way to be sexy Cal.

Dante chuckled and revved his engine, "You could say that."

I giggled and laid my head against his seat. I curled my legs up and brought them to my chest. Grabbing Dante's large hand and holding him to me. He didn't seem to mind.

I had missed him, I realized. His concerned questions and sexy physique. I bit my lip in nervousness at what I was about to do.

This week had caused me to be a little braver, I assumed.

I kissed each of Dante's fingers, making sure to be slow and teasing. Dante's hand noticeably tightened on the steering wheel, "Piccolo. I'd stop before you get something you can't handle."

I flushed at his words and turned a deep shade of red, "Bring it on."

Dante turned his car onto the shoulder of the road and shut off the engine. We were somewhere outside of my hometown, pastures and cows were all that could be seen for yards.

Dante grabbed my waist and brought me to him. I was careful not to step on anything as I climbed over the console and onto his lap. Dante groaned low in the back of his throat.

"Damn, I've missed you."

+