2

-----[Y/n's POV]

I made my way to the fountain where I knew my friends would be lounging, glad to finally be out of the stuffy classroom and even glad-er to be out of Principal Himbry's office and away from the officers. the questions they asked me were horrible, and while I understood that they had to, that they needed to find Casey's killer, I was slightly shocked that they might've suspected me.

'hunt? why would they ask you if you like to hunt?' Tate rolled her eyes, popping a grape in her mouth as Stu, her boyfriend, shrugged.

'they just did, I guess.'

I sat down beside Randy and leaned into him as he threw his arm around me. I could feel his chest sort of resonate as he spoke.

'Their bodies were gutted.' Randy said it in a strangely relaxed manner, as though it was normal and not something a sick, demented freak would do.

I groaned and pulled away from his chest slightly, screwing up my face in disgust. Sidney also looked uncomfortable, though I wasn't surprised, considering her mother's gruesome death last year.

'thanks for that, Randy.' Billy grunted, stroking Sid's arm gently.

there was silence for a moment, as if no one knew what exactly to say.

'they didn't ask me if I like to hunt.' Tate mumbled, examining her nails.

'well, yeah; there's no way a girl could've killed them.' Stu replied, pouting slightly as Tatum pulled away in order to swivel round and glare up at him (I found it truly amazing, how such a small girl had the balls to stare such a tall, well-built guy down like that).

'thats sexist, Stuart! the killer could easily have been female- basic instinct.' she snapped.

'yeah, but that was with an ice-pick, not exactly the same, is it?' Randy pointed out, playing with my hair as he spoke.

Stu nodded, 'yeah, Casey and Steve were completely hollowed out! 'n' fact is, it takes a man to do something like that!' I flinched a little as he said that, uncomfortable with the talk of my former best friend's insides on the outside.

'or a man's mentality!' I secretly despised Tatum in the moment; I didn't exactly appreciate how they were debating about the death, but I wasn't about to say it.

'how do you gut someone?' Sidney asked quietly, almost as if she'd meant to keep it in her head. her eyes flickered to mine for a second and she seemed apologetic for saying it out loud.

it was quiet for a second before Stu drew the attention back to himself, making some hand gestures as he spoke. 'you take a knife, and slit them from groin to sternum.'

Sidney shivered and I shrunk away from him, closer to Randy. I could feel his heart beat quicken slightly.

Billy glared at Stu, shaking his head a bit. 'tact, fuckrag.' he hissed, sending him another look, although not a hostile one- one I couldn't really interpret.

'sorry.' Stu mumbled, his face resembling that of a homeless puppy who had just been violently beaten.

'remember in Jaws when they caught the wrong shark at first, and Richard Dreyfuss cut it open to look for body parts and all they found was this milky white goo?' Randy said, possibly trying to change the topic.

Stu sighed, leaning over me to sock him in the arm. 'you heard Billy, shut up.' he warned, glaring for a moment before turning his attention to me and pulling me into his free side.

'Stu? didn't you use to date Casey?' Sidney asked, moving the topic from cutting people open to just my dead friend.

'yeah.. for like two seconds.' Stu mumbled, looking basically anywhere but at Tate.