Chapter 2

I woke up at 7:37. I got up and changed into my clothes. I wore a white tee with a baseball jersey over it, jean shorts, and my black PF flyers. I put my hair in ponytail and put a baseball hat on. I grabbed my glove and a baseball and headed out onto the front lawn.

I started to throw the ball up and down. I was playing catch all by myself since I had no friends. I wish I never moved. I would've been playing baseball with my team and still would've had all my friends.

I saw a boy come out of the house next to mine. He had on a baseball jersey and had a glove in his hand. He started walking down the street. He looked back and saw me playing catch. He stopped for a second and then started jogging towards me.

I almost had a heart attack. It was the cute boy at the diner last night that I was staring at. Crap. He's my neighbor...

He walked over right in front of me. "So I see you like baseba-" he stopped and examined me. He figured out who I was. "Aren't you that girl from the diner last night?"

"Yeah. The one that gave your friends the middle finger. I'm Alex."

"Yeah... That's you alright." What did he mean by that? "Well I'm Alan, but everyone calls me Yeah Yeah. Anyways, do you live here?" He looked at my house.

"Um, yeah. I just moved here yesterday."

"Well I'm your next door neighbor!" He said with a smile.

"Oh cool. Well I'll leave you alone. Looks like you were going somewhere."

"Wait! You like baseball right?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Well, me and my friends, the ones you gave the finger at, play baseball at a sandlot. We need one more person then we can have a whole team. You wanna come?" I didn't even have to think about that. Of course I wanted to!

"Sure. Hold on." I yelled at my mom saying that I was going to play some baseball.

We ran to the place he called "The Sandlot" quickly. There were all the boys from the diner there. Hopefully I wouldn't lose my temper and go crazy on them if they got me mad.

When we entered, they all were staring at me like they just saw a ghost. I bet they remembered me. Yeah Yeah and I walked up to them. They were all standing by eachother.

"Why'd you bring your girlfriend here Yeah Yeah?!" A chubby kid with red hair and freckles said.

"She is NOT my girlfriend Ham!" I knew I wasn't his girlfriend, and never would be, but it hurt a little to hear him say that.

"Psssh. Yeah right." Said the same kid.

"I saw her playing catch in her yard and asked if she wanted to play with us."

"So now your stalking her?" Asked a kid with glasses on. He smirked while he said it.

"No, Squints! She's my new neighbor!"

"Hey, she's the one that gave us the finger!" Said the so called kid 'Ham'.

"Yeah and I'll do it again if we don't start playing."

"She's right. Let's play some ball!" Said a tall boy with dark brown hair and skin. Before we played they all introduced themselves. I introduced myself too.

We played for about 4 hours. It only felt like 1 hour because it was so much fun. After we were done playing, we all walked back to our houses. Soon enough, it was just me and Yeah Yeah.

"So where are you from?" He asked me.

"Nevada."

"Why'd you come here then?" I didn't know how he would react if I told him about how I act at school. But I told him anyway. I hate lying.

"My mom thought it would be a good idea to get me a clean slate. I got into a whole lot of trouble at my old school."

"Woah. What kind of trouble?!" He seemed really exited and interested in my behavior for some reason.

"Um... Fighting."

"Fighting?! You, a tiny girl, fighting?!" He was basically jumping up and down in excitement.

"Uh, yeah. It makes me look tough. Then all the boys won't be messing with me. They were real perves."

"Well, I hope you know that we're not perves." He said looking at me smiling. His smile was so adorable.

"Thank God." I said laughing.

We came to our houses and we said goodbye. I think I like him. A lot.

Yeah Yeah's POV

Alex was a character. She wasn't like all the other girls. She didn't worry if she didn't look perfect all the time, she didn't care to get dirty, and she didn't care if she looked tough. I kinda admire that.

She is really pretty too. Her eyes are beautiful and I could stare in them all day. That's what I kinda did at the diner last night. I saw her and I couldn't take my eyes off her. She was beautiful...

"So.. Alan who was that girl you were taking to?" Asked my mom raising her eyebrows.

"Alex. She's our new neighbor. She's gonna start playing ball with us. She's really good too."

"Oh, good. You know what else she is?"

Oh god, what was she gonna say. "What?"

"She's really cute Alan."

Yeah yeah she is. "She's just a friend mom."

"Okayyy." She walked away with a kissy face on her. Ugh. My mom can be so overrated.

I wonder what school she's going to. Either she's going to our school or the fancy private school. I decided to go to her house and ask her.

I knocked on the door. A lady answered it. It must be her mom. "Hey is Alex there?"

"Yes, who are you?"

"I'm your next door neighbor. I'm Alan but I go by Yeah Yeah."

"Okay, we'll wait right here. I'll go get her."

Alex's POV

" Alex, a boy named Yeah Yeah is here for you!" My mom yelled throughout the house. Yeah Yeah was here? Why?

I answered the door and he was standing there with a smile on his face. He was so adorable. "Hey Yeah Yeah, what's up?"

"Yeah, yeah I've just got a quick question. What school are you going to? I was wondering because tomorrow is Monday and we have school."

"I dont know, it's a public school though."

"Cool! We'll be going to the same school then! Do you want to walk to school with me tomorrow?" Hell yes.

"Sure. What time do we leave?"

"7:45. I'll come and knock on your door."

"Actually you can just tap on my window. It's right there." I pointed to my window.

"Yeah yeah, hey mines right across from yours!" Wow. I'm actually glad I moved here now. I was getting along so well with Yeah Yeah.

"So from now on we knock on each other's windows, not doors."

"Yeah yeah, sounds good to me." We both smiled at each other too long. Oops. But he was smiling back so...

"Okay. We'll see you tomorrow." I winked at him.

He winked back and headed towards his house. He waved me goodbye right before he went inside.

"So... Yeah Yeah's pretty cute huh?" She said smiling.

"Just a friend mom." I wish we would be more than that later though.

"We'll see about that." She said winking towards me as she headed to her room. She's right. We will see.

I took a shower brushed my teeth and put on my pajamas to get ready for bed. I set my alarm clock for 7:25. I stared at my Babe Ruth posters for awhile and then wen to sleep.