Chapter 1

The Atlanta campus was filled with colorful faces, from deep brown to the lightest shades of ivory, all celebrating homecoming week together. Some responsibly and others recklessly. Either way, it was a cultural vibe.

Thea and Damon opted for romance over parties. After just a couple months of dating, their (seemingly) random coupledom brought both balance and love; and neither could have been happier.

Returning from another perfect date they walked hand and hand across the courtyard as though they were the only two people in the world that existed.

"Dinner was amazing, as usual. How'd you know I liked sushi?" Thea smiled, threading her arm through Damon's.

"From you...."

She gave him a confused look. "What are you talking about?"

"The takeout trays on your desk. They were a dead giveaway. I know every week after one of your matches, you order I Love Sushi to celebrate your victory, kicking ass on the court."

She gushed, visibly impressed and slightly embarrassed at how much he paid attention to her.

"Wow, your attention to detail is something I have to get used to. And you're right. I love sushi. I could literally eat it every day." She added sweetly.

Their eyes met. Thea blushed unable to contain her excitement. She flipped her hair back as a reason to look away. Damon took notice and smiled.

"The pleasure is all mine." He continued. "Besides, I wanted tonight to be special, especially after the whole Simone situation.

Thea instantly felt uneasy.

"What Simone situation?" She frowned, deeply troubled that her boyfriend would bring up another woman in the middle of their date.

Damon immediately regretted mentioning Simone, his best friend and former crush before he and Thea got together.

"I know it hasn't been easy playing on the same tennis team as Simone, and I know that I am partly the blame. I just wanted to say I'm sorry-."

"Don't apologize." Thea shook her head adamantly. "Contrary to what you believe, my issues with Simone started long before you and I got together. And since we're on the subject, Simone is not a threat to me, on or off the court. As team captain she plays on my team, not the other way around."

"No cap." He laughed at her fiery response and had to admit, it turned him on and was one of the many reasons he loved Thea. Her unwavering confidence in herself. "As far as I am concern, you have nothing to worry about."

"Do I strike you as the kind of girl, who would date a guy that she had to "worry" about possibly cheating?" She put up air quotes and rolled her eyes sarcastically.

"I guess not. I'm sorry I underestimated you."

She sighed long and hard as they continued their stroll. Damon assumed the topic was over but Thea continued to speak on it.

"I can admit, it hasn't been easy accepting your past, considering the fact that I'm a clean slate. But I am comfortable in my own skin, and I don't need you placating me." She stated confidently, secretly negating her true insecurities about Damon's relationship with Simone. She found that the more she fell in love with him, the more it bothered her. Which was scary as hell.

"You make it sound like; I was out here wildlin' in these streets." He chuckled bringing his arm around her shoulders.

Thea bumped him playfully. "You know what I mean D."