II

Olympus was magnificent as always.

Before the Titan War, it was one of the most beautiful things a mortal could ever see in his life.

After the Titan War, it was undoubetly the most beautiful thing any being, mortals and immortals alike, would see, thank to the splendid work of Annabeth.

Oh yes, Annabeth.

Every time Percy's mind went back to Annabeth, his blood went cold. The memories overwhelmed him and his mind. And seeing her work in Olympus... it was difficult to swallow it. He had dealt with it for three years, but that was something he could never overcome.

So much so that she didn't even notice the moon goddess snapping her fingers right in front of his face.

"...rth to you! Wake up!"

Percy blinked underneath the mask. He saw Artemis glaring at him with annoyance. Along with three other gods that were gazing at him. Zeus and Hera were sat at their thrones with confusion stamped in their faces, while Hestia was at the Hearth, as always, having a knowing look on her own face.

"Idiot." Artemis muttered and went to her throne, growing to her godly size.

Zeus seemed like he was the one that was confused the most.

"Daughter, who is he?" he asked.

Artemis snorted. "I would like for the Council to be called so I can answer this question." she answered.

"Why is this subject so important that the Council needs to be summoned?" the king questioned.

"Brother."

Hestia called from the Hearth, and Zeus immediatly glanced over to her. That's new.

"Call the Council." she didn't order it, but her words were firm enough for Zeus to acquiesce despite some grumbling. He soon fired his bolt onto the ceiling, signaling a meeting.

The gods one by one flashed in, and Percy waited for a few seconds before he could open his eyes. Most of them looked the same as always. Apollo had a different vibe to him, without the playboy façade. That was very evident.

Soon enough, all of them were stationed at their thrones, waiting for Zeus to start the meeting. The god of lightning waved one hand to Artemis, as if he was saying "go on".

The moon goddess began speaking. "Answering your question, father, this is an extremely dangerous individual that me and my Hunters managed to capture earlier. He is known as... the Butcher." she explained, and it earned immediate reactions from some of the gods present at the meeting. Apollo and Hermes had their eyes widened. Dionysus placed one hand below his chin, as if he was thinking. Athena looked at Percy with suspicion.

However, the rest of the gods still were confused. Percy assumed that only the gods with the most ties to the mortal world had a clue about what Artemis was talking about.

"So...?" Zeus asked, clearly not impressed.

"I honestly thought he was a myth, father, but..." Apollo started, but was interrupted by Percy.

"Likewise." the Butcher said with a lot of sarcasm. Apollo ignored him, but he could feel the glare of Artemis onto him even if he wasn't looking at her direction.

"For the last three years the monster population began dropping like flies. They even started walking in groups. What Hermes here," he pointed to the god of thieves as he spoke. "managed to gather was that this Butcher was the responsible. He has been named as such by the monsters themselves because of how brutal he is."

"And I've been watching him for months now. I am one hundred percent sure that he has... the power to control the blood of other beings." Artemis added, and this earned a lot of eyes being widened, the attention of the gods being drawn onto him, and a sea god choking on the water that he was drinking.