The Words That Arent Said

The finger that points to every little thing that fascinates her.

the words she makes me use for the lack of her voice.

dog, umbrella, rainbow, airplane all of the things that will make her jump with excitement flapping her hands as if she's going to fly away.

the autistic brain shooting out colorful rays and to make up for what she doesn't say she will point point point every single day.

skyyler the name of my baby, my demon, my angel, the name of the girl that gives me life, but at the same time takes it away.

me the person who would do anything for her, but she who wont even wipe the tears i cry.

she, the person that can't say the 3 simple words i love you, and me the person that sings her lullabies at night.

me the person who didn't hang out with friends just so i could hug her goodnight

and me the person who left the house at 2am and walked a mile just to cuddle her back to sleep

She is the person that holds me back.

college? are you crazy you can't leave her- she loves you. spend the night at a friend's house? What will she do while you are gone?
you are her comfort space you can't leave her alone, and what are you doing on that phone you know she could hurt herself.

she push pulls scratches and screams over the tiniest things and all she did was see a small water stream but i have to be the one there to stop her from hurting herself from dropping to ground to banging her head.

but she's also the one that is misunderstood the one that isn't easily read shes not able to say the words that needs to be said but everyone around her just wants to call her sped

she knows her colors in rainbow order she knows the numbers all the way to 100 she knows the abc's from a to z but nobody can see she is just like you and me

She knows what she likes she knows what she hates she knows what's her favorite shape she can touch taste she can hear what you say she can smell and she can see the world as it decays

She knows her feelings and those can be hurt so I will be there at any given turn. and on the nights we are apart she can look up to the stars knowing ill be doing the same we are two hearts that will never be torn apart.

So even if she can't say the small words I wish I could hear, I will care for her until the end of the world is near because her love doesn't need words.

♥️this poem is about my baby sister who is autistic and nonverbal♥️