27 | 𝑏𝑖𝑟𝑡𝘩𝑑𝑎𝑦

𝐽𝑎𝑛𝑢𝑎𝑟𝑦 23𝑟𝑑 1985

I woke up with the morning sun shining through my window. I got out of bed and got ready for school.

I finished getting ready for school. I walked out my bedroom to see my mom holding a plate of chocolate-chip pancakes.

"Happy Birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Heather! Happy birthday to you!" She exclaimed.

"Thanks Mom." I said whilst sitting down on the table.

"Special pancakes for my special little girl!" She said.

She placed the pancakes on the table and I ate them quick. I heard a beep outside so I knew Ali was here.

"Bye Mom I've gotta go now. And thank you for the song and pancakes!" I exclaimed before I rushed out the door.

I rushed into the back of Ali's car and all the girls shouted happy birthday.

"Thanks guys. I've just had a birthday song from my mom." I said.

"You deserve it. Her little girl turning 18!" Ali said before she started to drive.

"Okay let's go. We might be late for school." Barbra reminded.

Ali started to drive to school. The drive wasn't that long as Ali discovered a quicker way to school to beat all the traffic.

She parked in her usual parking space at school. We all got out of the car and went into the building.

I was at my locker when I felt a huge pair of hands weak around my wait and spin me around.

They put me down and I turned around to see Johnny.

"Happy birthday beautiful." He said before he began to kiss me on my cheek.

"Thank you Johnny!" I said.

"I got you a present." He said whilst holding up a gift bag.

"Aw Johnny!" I said before taking the gift bag from his hand and looking inside.

Inside the bag was a small jewellery box. I opened a box and there was a red heart shaped necklace. It was absolutely beautiful.

"It's beautiful!" I exclaimed. Johnnys face lit up with joy. "I'm glad you like it. Me and the guys spent ages looking for the perfect one."

"Thank you." I said whilst giving Johnny a hug.

"Your welcome. Only the best for you." He said before he planted a kiss on my cheek. "You can wear it tomorrow night when I take you out."

"You're taking me out tomorrow night?" I asked confused.

"Yeah. Susan suggested that we threw a little party for you. And Tommy said that he would be in charge of the guest list so I think you should prepare for a wild night..." He said.

"Okay..." I said before taking a deep breath.

The bell for class rang and out the necklace back in the box. I put the box back in the gift bag and put the gift bag in my locker.

"Thank you for the necklace Johnny it's beautiful. But I've got to get to class." I said.

"Your welcome babe and see you later." He said before heading to his class.

"Bye."

𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐋 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐓 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄

I was sat in my room reading a new book that my dad had bought me for my birthday when I heard my mom call me for dinner.

I put the book on my nightstand and went out of my room to the living room with the kitchen and dining room attached.

I saw Daniel sat down on my couch watching tv with my dad and Lucille and my mom in the kitchen.

"Hi Daniel!" I exclaimed before giving Daniel a hug.

"Hi Heather and happy birthday!" He said. "Oh this is for you by the way."

Daniel picked up a gift bag that was next to him and handed it to me.

"Thank you so much Danny!" I said before opening it.

Inside the gift bag was a few little things like my favourite chocolate and a new cd for my walkman , but the best gift of all was the white picture frame with a picture of me and Daniel in it when we were 5.

"Danny this is so cute! Thank you!" I exclaimed before hugging him.

"You're welcome." He replied.

My mom and Lucille put all the plates on the table and called us all to the table. We all sat down and ate our dinner.

𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐑

"So Heather , what did Johnny get you for your birthday?" Mom asked.

"He got me this." I said showing her the necklace with a smile.

"Wow that is gorgeous!" Lucille exclaimed.

"That looks expensive sweetie! How much did he pay for that?" Mom asked.

"I don't know he didn't tell me. But I don't care about the price , to me it's the thought that counts." I answered.

"That's one of the good things about you Heather. You're always grateful." Lucille said.

𝐀𝐍 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑

I was talking to Daniel when all the lights turned off and the only light was a bunch on candles coming my way.

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you." Mom , Dad and Lucille sang.

I smile came quickly onto my face.

"Happy birthday dear Heather. Happy birthday to you."

The cake finally made its way in front of me and i looked down and saw that it was my favourite vanilla cake of all time.

"Make a wish Heather." Daniel said.

I made a wish in my head then blew out the candles. Everyone cheered and Dad turned the lights back on.

Mom and Lucille went to go and cut the cake.

"So what did you wish for?" Daniel asked.

"I'm not allowed to tell. It's the birthday rules." I answered with a smug smile on my face.

"I'll find out." Daniel replied.

We all had some cake and then Danielle and Lucille left our apartment to go to theirs. I helped Mom and Dad tidy up the house before going into my room to put all my presents away.

I got changed into my pyjamas and went to bed thinking about the days to come.