01 | Becoming King

*****

It was a bright sunny day. The animals are outside the Tree Of Life. The Tree Of Life is a place where there's peace and harmed animals go to this place to get themselves treated.

Now, Kion is pacing up and down in the cave in the Tree Of Life. He was nervous. Very nervous as he listened to the words his soon to be mate was telling to all the inhabitants of The Tree Of Life.

Kion is a handsome lion in his teens. He has a light golden pelt, and paler golden paws, underbelly and muzzle. He had a fiery red tuft with a few bright red stripes and a bushy tail tip. His eyes are orange-brown. He possesses a brown nose and whiskers. He had a scar on his left eye, which was given by Ushari in the battle against Scar and his crew.

He's pacing up and down. He's going to be king today. King of The Tree Of Life. It's very surreal to him, it's unbelievable.

Makini is busy mixing water and juices in a coconut shell. It's used to put the mark on Kion's head later. Makini is a young and dainty mandrill with gray fur covering her body and a pale gray underbelly. She is the Royal Mjuzi.

"Kion what's wrong?" She softly spoke, getting the attention of the teenage lion. Kion sighed before sitting down.

"Makini, I'm nervous. What if the animals don't support me? What if I'm not a good king?" Kion shared his worries to the wise mandrill. He had this terrible sad look, his ears flattening.

"Shwari, Kion." Makini said calmly. Kion listened to her and took a deep breath, it somehow calmed him down. Makini had a small smile on her face.

"Kion, if the animals don't support you, they wouldn't have been outside waiting for you to come and be their king. You're going to be a great king." Makini said.

The teenage lion smiled warmly at her.

"Thanks Makini, I feel better now."

"Great, the paint is ready. Are you ready?" The mandrill asked as she took the shell in her arms. Kion sighed deeply and he nodded.

"Great." Makini smiled. She went ahead to outside, leading Kion. The animals stayed quiet once they got sight of them.

Kion climbed on the rock and Rani smiled his way. "I knew you'll come," Kion smiled and chuckled as he stood beside her.

Rani is a young sleek lioness with reddish brown fur, and a dark brown stripe running down her back. On her back, are markings that looked like a horseshoe. Her eyes are chocolate brown.

"Never thought I could," He joked. He is feeling nervous and scared again. Rani noticed and assured him.

"Don't worry Kion. You'll be a great King. We'll protect the Tree Of Life together as Queen and King." Kion smiled at his mate and nodded. He's feeling wholesome good now. Makini walked to the edge where she could see the animals and cleared her throat.

"Dear inhabitants of the Tree Of Life, and friends who came from near and far, I do welcome you to this glorious day." Makini spoke. Kion knew it's time. He looked at the animals, finding his family, friends looking at him with a smile.

Makini dipped her finger into the paint, facing Kion with a proud smile. She then placed the paint in a 'V' sign on Kion's head.