What are you doing here!?

Author's note: So updates will most likely be once a month [or every other month], but it depends on external factors. Anyways, thank you for reading!! 

––––

   Shen Yuan has doomed himself to death. He can't believe made such a foolish mistake, one that will cost him his life. He ignored Jiu-ge's call.

He didn't mean to! In his defense, it's been years since he interacted with his brother (well, more like days but A-Jiu doesn't need to know that)! He was reading Airplane's new trash novel; the protagonist had just been thrown down the abyss when he received the call. Not wanting to lose his focus on the plot, he ignores the call. Had he realized that it was his brother on the phone, he would have answered!

*Ding*

Huh? Who would be ringing my doorbell right now?

Shen Yuan sighed as he put his phone down. He got up from where he was sitting with a strained groan and made his way to the entrance door.

"Who is it?" He asked.

"It's me."

That's not helpful at all, Shen Yuan thought to himself. Yet he still opened the door.

"Ah..."

Shen Yuan froze as he saw his older brother on the other side of the door. Shen Jiu was standing there with his arms crossed, staring at him with narrowed eyes as he gripped his phone tightly.

"Jiu-ge... What are you doing here? Not that I'm complaining or anything!!" Shen Yuan asked as his brother stepped into his apartment.

"I'm here to check on you, to see if you haven't died yet. I called you to give you a heads up, so don't blame me if you didn't have enough time to make this place presentable." Shen Jiu looked around as he made his way into Shen Yuan's living area. "Knowing you, you'd probably choke on something while reading one of those ridiculous novels," he scoffed. "I'm surprised it's even clean in here."

"..."

Shen Jiu looked at him with a blank expression, his eyes digging into Shen Yuan's soul.

"Hahaha..." He said flatly. "Anyways, would you like anything to drink or eat?"

"I would like some tea."

"Black or Oolong Tea?" he asked as he went to the kitchen, opening the tea shelf.

"Oolong... Since did you, of all people, know hospitality?" Shen Jiu asked him.

"Am I not allowed to know? Aren't you the one who's always nagging me about my lack of manners, Ge?" Shen Yuan retorted as he sat beside Jiu-ge.

"Hm, I guess not. Now, explain why you ignored my call?"

Please let me get out of this alive. "I was reading."

Shen Yuan got let off if he promised to answer Jiu-ge's calls and to visit him whenever he could. He was cleaning up while reading, which wasn't productive at all, so he just left the dishes at the sink to wash them later.

After a few minutes of just standing in front of the sink reading, he decides to just head to bed. As he lies there, he lets his thoughts wander, and after a while, he begins to think about his disciples. What are they doing? How are they reacting? Are they okay? And how is Ming Fan handling the situation, is he doing okay? Oh, and Ning Yingying...

I'm... leaving them all alone, just like I did with Luo Binghe. I should've spent more time with them, they deserved a better shizun. Not only did I fail Luo Binghe, but I also failed the rest of my disciples. He sighed and covered his eyes with his arm.