34: The Hunger.

The doorbell startled Nabi

The doorbell startled Nabi. She took a deep breath before taking few angry sips of beer and making her way to open the door for Mark who was definitely the one behind them.

She knew him well enough already to know, or at least to believe, that he wasn't one to cheat, and she knew the reporters loved making something out of nothing - the pictures were most definitely taken from hiding. As she opened the door, a smiling Mark welcomed her, unfortunately only getting a slight and forced smile in return. Without even realizing that at first, he wrapped his arms around her and picked her up while hugging her tightly.

Nabi couldn't help but smile to herself, enjoying the affection even if she was a bit mad. There is no way Mark is a cheater, is there?

When he finally put her down, he leaned in for a kiss. He was taken aback when Nabi backed away, also avoiding eye contact. Mark furrowed his brows, genuinely confused. "What's up, babe?"

The girl couldn't find the right words. She didn't want to be too harsh and accuse him without knowing anything, but she also wanted him to know the reason why a kiss that she craved minutes ago was no longer what she wanted at that moment.

"Nabi?"

Mark seemed honestly confused about why she could've been angry. "You didn't see, did you?"

"See what?"

Nabi let out a deep breath and went over to the couch to grab her phone. Mark followed and impatiently, as well as a bit concerned, he waited for answers. When the girl turned the screen to him, he read the tweet and quickly grabbed the phone. He looked at the pictures closely and clenched his jaw.
"That was literally like 15 minutes ago, how are they so fast?" he mumbled, making Nabi widen her eyes, thinking what the tweet said was true. Mark noticed her terrified face expression and immediately grabbed her by the arms, reassuring "no, no, baby, that's not what I meant. Uh, wait, let's sit down, I'll tell you everything."

Nabi didn't even feel like fighting back just yet so she sat down with him as he held her hands. "Look, the truth is that this girl did see me at the studio. But it's nothing like that, I promise you, baby." he rubbed her palms with his thumbs as he continued "I had no idea she was there and I was so confused when I saw her- It was so weird. Anyways, that's Jiu, my ex. I told you about her, remember?"

"Jiu? What did she want?"

Mark contemplated if to even tell her, because the truth could only upset her. "Does it even matter?"

Nabi chuckled rather sarcastically. "Your ex girlfriend is coming to visit you during your schedule and gets caught on camera and mixed up in dating rumors with you. I think it does matter, Mark."