Suspicion

It was a normal day at UA high. The classes were boring as ever, the teachers droning on and on about math or whatever. Izuku Midoriya sat at his usual desk listening to Present Mic explaining something about grammar. Truth be told he wasn't listening, he just spaced out on one of his frequent monologues. Since they came back from summer break his classmates couldn't help but notice his drastic change. The war had really done a number on him - but not so much he became an emo. He had become less shy, by a longshot, he actually tried talking to others for a change and he looked overall more mature than when they last saw him. Some looking at him remembering when they went after him and brought him back to UA, that was another thing that was clear - he was by far the most powerful student in the entire class, school, dare they say the entire world. Though despite all this Izuku managed to retain his trademark cinnamon roll aura, though he wasn't as easy to tease as before.
"Pst ... Midoriya, hello?" Momo waved in front of his face making him blink. "Oh ... He's gone?"he said laughing sheepishly.
"The day's over nerd, let's go" Bakugo growled at him. Shoto stood up and walked over to them.
"Yeah, I need some rest". Izuku got up and they all followed the rest of their classmates towards the dorms.
"Say Midoriya? What have you been up to this break?" Iida asked pushing up his glasses. Izuku thought for a bit before answering
"Not much actually, just working out, training, and I uh ... Nevermind that last part" he said with a small tint of red dusting his face.
"Ooooh did Midori do something naughty?" Mina asked suddenly behind him. The green haired boy jumped turning to Mina with an exasperated sigh.
"It's nothing Mina, slip of the tongue". The girl just shook her head and appeared next to her friends - how she did that was still a mystery. They soon reached the dorms taking it all in for one of the last times. As third years, some would be required to move out if the dorms due to their hero careers already beginning - among such were Izuku, Bakugo, Shoto and Tokoyami. Izuku was already destined to take over All Might's agency, Shoto and Bakugo were sidekicks of Endeavor and quickly rising up the ranks and the same was for Tokoyami at Hawk's agency. It was something they all knew but they couldn't be together forever, they would leave the nest eventually. After a they settled in and it was back to normal. They all talked about their summer break escapades and experiences. Now it somehow was Izuku's turn.
"Well as I said I didn't really do much. I was at the agency almost everyday, and the only free time I had was used to train or with my mom" he said scratching the back of his head. It was understandable, he was well on his way to become number 1 and this was the life of one.
"Though I did get one of All Might's credit cards, as a bonus".
"No way!!! I'm so jealous man!!!" Kaminari yelled.
"I have a feeling you left something out Midori" Mina whined. Her love senses were tingling.
"I don't think I did honestly, if I did it's not important" he said trying to hide his nervousness. Mina stared at him before deflating.
"I guess you're clean" she said in a huff. Izuku's phone suddenly chimed in the middle of their discussion making the boy pull it out of his pocket. His eyes widened at the name that popped up and at his classmates who were all staring at him.
"Umm ... I have to take this, excuse me!" he said running off.
"That was fucking weird" Bakugo stated plainly.
"I wonder who'd make Midoriya jump like that?" Momo asked. Toru suddenly had an idea
"You don't think it's ...". Mina's eyes widened in realization. "HIS GIRLFRIEND!!" both girls squealed much to the shigrin of the others.
"Do you have to be so fucking loud!!??" Bakugo yelled making everyone sweatdrop.
"You're no better yourself" Shoto said.
"Shut it icy hot!!". The half and half just raised his hands in submission. "Let's not jump to conclusions, it might just be something urgent" Iida said trying to take some pressure off his friend. "I'm going to spy on him" Mina sang dashing off with Toru behind her.
"Hey! Get back here!" Iida said running after them. The others just shrugged and went as well. Back with our green haired protagonist.
"Yeah I know I know, you don't have to rub it in" he said with a sigh.
-Oh don't worry Izu, I mean you'll move out soon enough, and well ...
The others were eavesdropping on the conversation, and luckily didn't hear anything from the other caller. Though Izuku getting a nosebleed was definitely not something they saw coming. "Seriously, you have to stop that" he grumbled wiping his nose.
-Can't help it, gotta go now, love you
Izuku turned around before whispering into the phone "Love you too". He knew his classmates were behind the wall as danger sense was active.
'This is going to be a pain'.