This is what friendship does to people? Kei should only worry about her social status to protect herself.
Worrying about other factors are inefficient.

That's what I did. In order to survive, I narrowed my vision and focused. I only focused on improving myself. I didn't bat an eye towards others because they weren't needed.

Is she saying I am wrong? That I shouldn't only focus on surviving? But that's absurd, you will die.

What's more important than your own life? Relationships end when you die. The longer you survive ... The longer you survive ...

No I don't need a reason to survive. Rather, I need a reason not to live, surviving is nature.

"You are wrong Kei. What's broken cannot be mended. The words you spill cannot be taken back. They linger around. Actions simply have consequences, you cannot escape them.

I already told Chiaki that I won't disturb her again. She will be back to her normal self in a few days. Don't worry too much." I started to walk out of the classroom.

"Wait Kiyone" Kei held my hand. She continued

"You are genius, we all know it. But that doesn't mean you know everything"

What does she know?

"The reason to strive for something. I know it. Can you say you know that?"

Did she read my mind?

"I didn't read your mind, your face shows it all"

"Fine Kei. I will say it. There is no such reason as to strive for something. Rather we don't need a reason, living is our reason itself to strive..." I told her.

"Strive for what?"

"Strive to... Survive. Surviving is everything and since it's a natural thing, we don't need to strive for anything else unnecessary. There's no need to question it further Kei.

If you want my reason for being alive. It's simply to win. Winning is everything". Kei backed a bit at my words.

But the conviction in her eyes only increased.

"Is winning everything?"

Yes everything.

"Doesn't it matter what you have?"

No

"Doesn't it matter at what cost you achieved that victory"

No it doesn't.

"Doesn't it matter what has to be sacrificed?"

Yes, it doesn't matter what needs to be sacrificed.

"What about friends and family?"

What about them? It's not I had a normal family. And I don't even understand the term friendship.

"Leave them. What about you? Is winning all you want?"

I don't want anything. Rather it's what defines me.

"Kiyone don't lie to yourself. You don't care about winning. You say that to yourself, but even if you lose, you won't care"

Huh, that's true, I won't care if I lose, because for me losing is dying and dying is losing. As long I am safe, I win.

But I won't lose in the first place.

"Living a life where you regret you had done everything differently isn't worth living Kiyone. An short and fulfilling life is much better than a longer and empty life" Kei said.

OP Kiyone COTEजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें