𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐃𝐚𝐲

"𝐇𝐚𝐯𝐞 you got everything packed girls?" Eliza shouted up the stairs. "Yeah!" They responded. "Let's get it all loaded in the u-haul." Eliza said. Kimberly came down the stairs caring a box. "Mom why are we moving? I thought you didn't like your hometown." Eliza sighed. "I don't like things that happened in my hometown but I love Blue Valley. Now let's get to loading the u-haul sugar." Then Eliza booped Kimberly on the nose, took the box, and headed for the door.

After the u-haul was loaded and a heated game of rock paper scissors was played the teens were driving the black BMW convertible and the adults in the u-haul.

~~~~~

24 hours and many rest stops later, the group had arrived in Blue Valley, Nebraska. "This place is so cute!" Savanna exclaimed as she got out of the driver seat. "I know right. It's a shame to have been gone for so long." Leighton sighs, hugging Savanna from behind. Savanna giggled. "I saw a diner on the way here. Do you think we could check it out after we unpack?" Savanna asked. "I don't see why not honey bunch." Leighton shrugged. "You might wanna go pick your room before Kimberly beats you to it." Eliza joked exiting the u-haul. And just like that Savanna took off into the house. "No far! You got a headstart." Kimberly shouted as she basically jumped out of the passenger seat, rushing after her.

"Is Pat here yet?" Leighton asked and she moved over to Eliza. "Yeah. I just got off the phone with him. He and his family got here about an hour ago." "Why don't we have them meet us at the diner? I bet the girls will be surprised to see him and I'd love to meet his wife." Eliza nodded in agreement. "I'll text him." Then they linked armed and walked into the house.

~~~~~

After an hour or two of unpacking the women hopped into their car and drove to Richie's diner.

"I've missed this place." Leighton smiled, reminiscing back to her childhood and teen years. "Me too. Remember when we told Mama we were all pregnant here. She dang near had a heart attack." Eliza and Leighton laughed fondly at the memory.

~~~~~

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go!" Savanna asked happily, grabbing Kimberly's hand and running towards the restaurant.

As they entered the diner, they saw a familiar head of hair. "Uncle Pat!" The teens yelled simultaneously. He turned towards the door, along with two confused blondes. He stood to hug the girls. "There's my two favorite nieces!"

"And here I thought they were your only nieces." Eliza joked. "And we can't forget my favorite set of twins." He hugged them. "Eliza? Leighton?" The twins looked up upon hearing they're names. "Barbara?" They spoke. "How do you know Pat?" The Whitmoore women questioned in sync. "We're married." Barbara replied. "He's like our closest friend." Leighton responded. "Small world." Eliza shrugged. "Very." Barbara agreed.

"Girls, you remember your Aunt Barbara and cousin Courtney." The girls waved. "And of course Mike." Eliza concluded. "Get over here Mikey." Savanna said. Mike playfully rolled his eyes, getting up. The girls pulled him into a bear hug.

"We should catch up. Girls, why don't you and your cousins go hang out while us adults talk." Leighton said. The girls shrugged heading to a booth followed by Mike and Courtney.

"How's Buddy?" Savanna asked Mike. "As good as a dog can be. I think he misses you guys though, he keeps barking at that picture we took at the pier last summer." The three laughed, Courtney was awkwardly sitting there not knowing what they were talking about. "Does he still have Beary Allen?" Kimberly questioned ecstatically. "Of course he does. He sleeps with it every night. I tried to get it away once to wash it and he tried to bite me. I think he just likes it cause Sav gave it to him." Mike rolled his eyes jokingly. They laughed again, again accidentally excluding Courtney.