𝟑

This chapter may make some of you guys  uncomfortable, so skip it if you don't like it!!!

Thankfully they let me go see Gracie, I let Lando come in as he was the one who drove me here as I didn't want to be rude and tell him to leave.

We both walked into the room and Gracie was laying in the bed with Kiera sat on the chair next to her.

"Emily I'm really sorry about all this" she said while I was walking into the room.

"Hey Kiera it's not your fault at all" I said reassuring her as she looked at me panicked.

"My mother is coming to pick me up as I-" she tried to say.

"That's okay, you go home and get some rest" I said back to her calmly.

She nodded in agreement and left the room at go meet her mother who is picking her up.

"Mummy" Gracie said tired.

"I'm here baby, with a friend" I replied to her as I walked up to the bed.

"Who is it mummy?" She asked me.

"It's Lando from earlier, baby" I replied.

"I really like Lando mummy" she said, I looked at Lando and smiled at him and he smiled back.

"Gracie?" He said.

"Are you my mummy's new friend" she asked him.

"Well if she wants to be my friend" he said while looking at me.

"Please mummy be his friend" Gracie said.

"Yes I would like to be Lando new friend" I said to her then a big smiled appeared on her face.

After a while we were all sat in the hospital room as Gracie has to stay over night, then there was a knock at the door.

"Hello, Gracie and Miss Lineker first of all only one parent can stay over night and secondly, Gracie is scheduled for surgery to remove the tumour tomorrow, as we found it early it thankfully has spread anywhere else" she said.

"Okay thank you doctor" I replied to her.

"Yes, so we will come here early in the morning to prep Gracie for surgery" she said, "and which parent will be staying tonight?" She added, both me and Lando looked at each other in a weird way.

"I need to go back home and pack anyway got a flight in a few days" he said so I wouldn't be awkward, he stood up and walked over to Gracie "hope you feel better soon Gracie" he added on.

Gracie then held onto his hand so he wouldn't leave just yet and gave him a massive hug "bye Lando" she said to him.

"Bye Gracie" he replied, Gracie finally let go of Lando he started to walk over to me.

"Well I think she likes you" I told him.

He looked at Gracie then looked back at me "why's that?" He asked me.

"She only gives hugs to people she like" I told him.

"Well everybody loves him" he said while smiling at me.

"Yeah i know" I said while smiling as well.

"I better get going" he said while he pulled me in for a hug and I'm going to be honest I felt safe in his arms yet I only just meet him.

Lando left and Gracie fell asleep after 10 minutes and I ended falling asleep on the bed with Gracie.

It's the next morning. I woke up early and my phone was dead so I couldn't text my dad or anyone saying what's wrong with Gracie, but then I heard some voices outside the room.