"calm down, you sound quite rich considering you were flailing around in the forest a couple of days ago." Neteyam scoffed, moving to take a step forward so he was now towering over you

"wait..are you kidding me!?" your eyebrows furrowed together and your mouth agape in shock, "what were you expecting me to do?" this time you take a step closer, now forcing Neteyam to shuffle back. "I appear in this random place, stripped away from everything I ever knew. piecing together whatever little survival info I had trying to find help, only to be attacked by..by wild ape things and you expect me to be calm?!"

"hey! you don't get to insult my friends like that," Spider was now standing, roughly pushing your shoulder to get you're attention, "what did you want him to do? not protect his clan, his family? I understand you're stressed but-"

"you..understand..? being forgotten, as a baby, does not mean you can relate to me" all the stress and anxiety had finally caught up with you, you weren't expecting an apology but they could at least be mindful of what they were saying

"if his family is so important, he should be able to feel even the slightest bit of sympathy" you turned to Neteyam, "try to imagine..being kidnapped, taken by force, and waking up in an unknown land, your family nowhere to be seen. you're not familiar with anyone so 'naturally' you get attacked, then you get bombarded by thousands of questions, being examined hundreds of times. After all that, you overhear that you may not be able to see your family again." you scoffed, "so, forgive me if I am being dramatic, I hope my ability to be calm won't affect you too much."

everyone looked at you in shock, sure they could see you were stressed but they did not expect you to burst out in anger like that. you walked over to your wardrobe and took out a black box from the top cupboard, walking towards the door you said,

"we have around 30 minutes left, if you need me I'll be behind the lab. once the time is up, get out." your voice was laced with venom, you were blinded by intense rage and stress that you refused to spend any longer around them.

you walked out of your bedroom and told the working scientists you were going for a walk, leaving before they could question you any further.

the three boys were frozen, they didn't know what to say. Neteyam felt a small pain in his heart when he heard you say that you might not be able to see your family ever again, as he knows that without his family, he has no purpose. Lo'ak was also confused, he didn't know how to feel. he wasn't in the wrong for suspecting you, but he started to regret giving you nothing but judgmental stares for the past hour and a half.

"uhm.. do we just sit here and wait for 30 minutes...?" Spider awkwardly turned to look at his friends, this was the first time they'd been in such a...unique situation.

"no, let's just leave now. I'll tell dad she wanted to end it early." Neteyam dusted himself off and walked out of the bedroom, Lo'ak and Spider following suit. they waved goodbye to the scientists, and quickly walked out of the lab.

------ ---- ------

you stormed out of the lab, your nails digging into the sides of the black box. once you had found a nice clear area behind the lab, you knelt down on the grass and opened the box. inside were 3 things, all of which you had stolen borrowed from other scientists. the first thing was a walkman, you were confused as to why somebody had something that old in their possession but you needed some form of music so you took it anyway. the last two things were dance equipment; pointe shoes & toe pads, you were a dance student back on earth so taking them was a no-brainer.

after tying the ribbons on your pointe shoes, you adjust your sweatpants and slip on the walkman pressing a button to play whatever music tape was left inside.