Chapter 22

It's been a week and a half since the baby shower and Elena was already eight months pregnant. She was so excited, she was going to be a mother again to another baby boy and she couldn't wait until he was in her arms and waking her up in the middle of the night. For some odd reason that excited her, the fact that she would be getting up in the middle of the night again to calm her child down. The only two things different from the last time she was pregnant was that she wasn't pregnant by a douche bag and the man that got her knocked up was going to be around and help her through this. It was bad enough that Elena was a single mother for Charlie, she didn't want to be another single mother to this new baby. That would just be to painful for her.

"Elena" Kol called.

"Yeah?" She asked.

"Where are you?" Kol asked.

"In your room" Elena answered.

She slept over his house the previous night with Charlie but he was still asleep. Kol walked in to his room and saw Elena still laying in bed.

"Are you ever going to get up?" Kol asked with a knowing smirk.

"Nope".

"You can't stay in bed all day Elena" Kol said.

"Yes I can".

"Elena".

"Kol" Elena mocked.

"Come on, get up" Kol pouted.

Elena shook her head no. She didn't want to get up. She was exhausted, she just wanted to sleep. The baby kept moving inside her all night and it was hard for her to sleep.

"Elena" Kol whined.

"Fine" Elena whined back.

Kol had a tendency of being annoying and always getting what he wants. It annoyed Elena to a means of no end but she always delt with it because she had too. Elena stood up from the bed and walked over to the bathroom. Due to being pregnant, she always had to pee and it irked her because she felt like she had a bladder problem but she didn't. Elena heard the door being knocked on.

"Yeah" she called.

"Sage is going to come over and stay with you, I'll be back" Kol said.

"Why do I need a babysitter?" Asked Elena.

"You're pregnant and I don't want anything to happen to you or our son" Kol replied.

"Fine, but you owe me ice cream" Elena said.

"What kind? I'll pick it up on my way home from work".

"I want birthday cake ice cream" Elena grinned to herself.

"Alrighty than" Kol sighed.

"Thank you, love you".

"Love you too".

Elena heard Kol moving away from the door and she finished up what she was doing and washed her hands. Elena knew that Charlie had daycare today but Jeremy was going to be picking him up, so that meant she was going to be alone until Sage arrived. Elena walked out to the living area just as Kol closed the front door behind him. Elena rolled her eyes and went to the kitchen. She started looking for something to eat when she heard the door open and shut.