introduction: author + backstory

hallo! this is a tanjiro x reader fanfic (obviously). you all can refer to me as stitch, your author! (who is probably drinking and on drugs [/j], but we'll ignore that-) any who, i just hope you guys like this fanfic, cuz ill be putting my crouched back into making it perfect. (also, since im writing this from scratch and making it up along the way, you can request if you wanna see/do something, but it needs to go on the storyline. just type it in the beginning or end when the words are in bold and italic [aka im speaking/its me] <33) btw, the comments are always humorous and they make me laugh (more like guffaw and cackle [also make me into a teapot, run todorokii]), so don't me afraid to comment!

please remember that English is not my first language, so please forgive me if there are spelling or sentence errors and point them out!

also imma be using they/them pronouns, but im not rlly used to writing them, so if i accidentally slip in a she or he, don't be shy to comment it and i will fix it asap. their mainly preferred colors are purple, black and white, but i might slip in sum blue too (sry if you don't like the colors!) and i might be going through the normal storyline of the story, but if you guys want, i can put in sum extra parts (request them puh-leasee)

y'all don't even know how much i wanna type in "michael jackson" whenever i mention kibutsuji. unfortunately, i want it to feel as real as possible, so i won't (smh). also, imma be referring to you darlings as "chat", so i hope you're comfortable with that. will there be smut?? idk, ive never written it before, but if im in the (horny) mood, yes, maybe.

the concentration breathing form [name] will be using is Dream Breathing, since it kinda matches with her blood demon art (not rlly, actually).

need a backstory? alr, i gotchu fam.

backstory:

[name] had grown up with horrible parents, who often drank and beat them and their older brother, Mizuka. It was tormenting living through such pain, so after too much of the abuse, [name] killed their parents and never told anyone. They were not as energetic after that, and Mizuka often wondered why his sibling was a lot more unemotional than earlier, but that was before he figured out that they murdered their parents. It was a quiet and blissful 3 years, Mizuka even turned into a Demon Slayer, a Hashira, to be specific, but one demon, Muzan Kibutsuji, the ring leader of them all, barged into their peaceful lives and completely ruined all dreams of ever being a normal person ever again. After successfully beating Mizuka in a fight, Muzan turned him into a demon and then killed him with no particular reason.

Little did Kibutsuji know, a specific water Hashira was watching on the sidelines, prepared to jump in at any given moment. Muzan was currently trying to turn the little kid into a demon. Causing a distraction, the Hashira quickly swooped in and grabbed the child; looking for a safe place of refuge before he returned to the kid's house. After dawn rose, he walked back to the ruined household, with the child in his arms.

During the walk, he realized the kid was turned into a demon, but not fully (1/4 human, 3/4 demon). They had grown little fangs and their skin color turned paler. They also had elf-like ears and their hair had grown abnormally long. The child was awake, so he asked them for their name. Introducing themselves as [name], he gave them a purple and white bandaged muzzle, telling [name] that his name was Giyuu Tomioka. The Hashira felt that they were different from other demons, and initially decided that he would take care of [name] and turn them into a powerful Demon Slayer.

Later, arriving to the house and seeing the bloody mess that was left behind, the child jumped out of his arms and ran over to their brother, silently crying and clinging on to Mizuka. [name] turned really short and small, and they gradually stopped crying. Waddling over to Giyuu, they sat themselves into his lap and took a nap. Giyuu smiled to himself, pat their head, then prepared the burial for their brother.

   As the years flew by, and as [name] grew older, she was getting more and more used to Giyuu's emotionless behaviour, slowly growing into his pattern. They also were trained harder and harder each day, but they didn't mind because it felt safe knowing they could protect themselves. After training their body, they were now obligated to wield a sword, and possibly even learn their Total Concentration Breathing forms. After many failed attempts, Giyuu came to the conclusion that Water Breathing was not for [name]. Instead, he paid a former Hashira, Takeshi Karube, to train you on your Total Concentration Breathing technique. Giyuu decided it was a good match, mainly because your blood demon art were wings (aka exactly like Hawks' quirk in mha bc im not creative👏😍), and you could heal people with your blood.

   So, after 2 years of exhausting training with Karube, it was finally time to say your goodbyes.

And this is where the story startss~

love you darlings~

<33